Portal DB Andre Sam (McNeese State)

BillySee58

32 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Agreed, if we are still ranked 121 on March 1st then I’d be disappointed. But until then I’ll have faith in the staff to put together a good class

You have to think a great portion of this season was wasted, recruiting-wise, with the staff either giving up (at 1-6, it was not looking like they were going to be retained, why waste time recruiting when they could re-invent their offense to a run-based attack & focus on trying to win some games?), or just being pre-occupied with the gigantic hole they were dug into, needing to get out of.

I'm betting Walerius re-set the staff and made a plan to go hard for the Spring signing date, rather than scramble to build something now.   I mean, it sounds like they did that a little bit too (picked up Maclin & went hard after Savage), but didn't really try too hard to fill the class on 12/15.   Walerius has delivered recruits ever since he got here.   He's a good one.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, GMGfor3 said:

Too early to push the panic button imo, Seth already detailed the new approach, let's tap the breaks on recruiting or lack there of until Feb.... We will be fine

Luke is a sweetheart and super good person to boot.  He has done a great job along with Coach Bennett and Patrick.