Frisco Classic Bowl

wardly

6 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I am a UNT fan and if we can say at the end of first stanza, I can say UNT side instead of section.  It is what we do.😆

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with your choice of words, just that I don't think Miami will bring enough fans to have "a side" but only a "section".  We shall see, but I expect to hear a North Texas chant rattling the rafters at the end of each stanza.

I say "stanza" with a bit of trepidation.  I now wait for some soccer fan to talk about our "kits" and the condition of the "pitch".

Jimmy Fallon Oops GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with your choice of words, just that I don't think Miami will bring enough fans to have "a side" but only a "section".  We shall see, but I expect to hear a North Texas chant rattling the rafters at the end of each stanza.

I say "stanza" with a bit of trepidation.  I now wait for some soccer fan to talk about our "kits" and the condition of the "pitch".

Jimmy Fallon Oops GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm your huckleberry!

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Who ever is responsible for selling the tickets has done a piss poor job.  It was a short notice for a bowl game all tickets should have been available from the beginning.   I put this on the promoters of the bowl game......bad job guys!

It really makes one wonder how many tickets UNT received and location of those tickets.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Who ever is responsible for selling the tickets has done a piss poor job.  It was a short notice for a bowl game all tickets should have been available from the beginning.   I put this on the promoters of the bowl game......bad job guys!

They did it this way so they could (as best they could) evenly spread out the people that the KNEW were going to buy tickets. And then fill in from there with others. At no point was it showing as a sell out so it’s not like anyone that wanted tickets wouldn’t have been able to get them. If we are looking for someone to blame for why there are still so many tickets left I think a mirror would be helpful. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

On 12/14/2021 at 9:44 PM, GreenN'walinsVet said:

First one was New Years Day and second was during the week between Christmas and New Years.  
New Years Day obviously most are not working

week between a lot of people already have off, this making that extend an extra day before Christmas this year, is what is proving to be difficult for some. 

And we had somewhere between 5-8 more days for both of those. This is the latest invite and earliest game of the 3 examples. 

If this game were on the Mon-Tues after Christmas, I think the timing and the extra days would both help a lot, regardless of the daytime slot.

But the day game, on a bad day, with short notice, isn’t gonna sell out, and it shouldn’t surprise anyone. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

And we had somewhere between 5-8 more days for both of those. This is the latest invite and earliest game of the 3 examples. 

If this game were on the Mon-Tues after Christmas, I think the timing and the extra days would both help a lot, regardless of the daytime slot.

But the day game, on a bad day, with short notice, isn’t gonna sell out, and it shouldn’t surprise anyone. 

Is short notice really that big of an issue when the game is closer to most people than a game in Denton?

Ticket update per the AXS website.  All percentages provided are guestimates.  Not counting and doing the math this morning.  Percentage listed is the amount available.

101: 92%

102: 15%

103: 80%

104: 10%

127: 15%

128: 50%

129: 20% 

130: 12%

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Is short notice really that big of an issue when the game is closer to most people than a game in Denton?

Yes. 5 to 8 days makes a lot of difference for people to make or alter plans and buy tickets. Do you think more time WOULDN’T result in more ticket sales?

I’m just explaining how the timing of this game is different from our previous local bowl games (not counting opponents) and why I don’t believe it was ever going to sell out. If we do sell it out, I’ll be super jazzed that I was wrong. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Yes. 5 to 8 days makes a lot of difference for people to make or alter plans and buy tickets. Do you think more time WOULDN’T result in more ticket sales?

I’m just explaining how the timing of this game is different from our previous local bowl games (not counting opponents) and why I don’t believe it was ever going to sell out. If we do sell it out, I’ll be super jazzed that I was wrong. 

I don’t believe the timing is a material factor when there is no travel involved. 2.5 vs. 3.5 weeks lead time is just not relevant in most circumstances. I do agree the time of the game itself is less than ideal, but we have what? 40,000 students and 300,000 alumni within a 1-hour drive of the stadium. We need just over 5% of them to show up to fill the stadium. 5%. There aren’t legitimate excuses for that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

As of 1:05 pm Thursday there are 2,987 tickets left.  About half of these are still being sold exclusively through Miami of Ohio.  Breakdown is this:

Section 101 = 201

Section 102 = 39

Section 103 = 511

Section 104= 83

Section 105 = 210

Section 107 = 257

Section 108 = 532

Section 109 = 568

Section 127 = 77

Section 128 = 350

Section 129 = 71

Section 130 = 88