Frisco Classic Bowl

wardly

3 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Monday 6:40 AM Update

Section 130 showing 45.

I am fairly certain on the west side they’ve not released all the tickets for sale. When Miami doesn’t sell 95% of their allotment, there’s going to be a huge influx of tickets. On the east side, I think you have to assume that the North Texas allotment included everything not being sold separately by the bowls in the applicable sections. Long story short I think there is still quite a ways to go before getting to a sellout. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Monday 6:40 AM Update

Section 130 showing 45.

As of just now, the website shows 360 available seats.  The 45 noted above in Section 130 and 230 on the Miami side with the majority, 194 seats available, in Section 103.  I am assuming the bands are sitting in the end zone seats.

• Upvote 3

On 12/11/2021 at 5:36 PM, emmitt01 said:

Word I got today is that our ticket office has sold out our allotment.

2 days later ...

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I just got an email from the NT ticket office that we still have almost 200 tickets left from our original allotment!
Yikes!   Maybe this thing won't be a sellout.   That is incredibly sad.   I would have expected those to be gone a long time ago.

Confused James Franco GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Just thought I'd point out, the word "original" is nowhere in that e-mail.  It's *possible* that the UNT A.D. asked for and received additional tickets.

Ooh.   Good call.   I suppose this could be the case.   I certainly hope so.   Is it common to ask for an allotment, sellout, ask for more, sell those, ask for more...?     
I would also assume the Miami, OH allotment wont be filled, so a bunch of seats on the home side will likely open up sometime soon.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I think they are playing games with the seat availability. 

Agreed. And I think Miami OH has a lot of unsold tickets they haven't given back yet. I would guess there are around 2.5-3K unsold tickets remaining that haven't been made available to the general public yet. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I think they are playing games with the seat availability. 

Right. UTSA’s bowl had no ticket availability last week, but this week there were a few sections with seats.  Not sure the rhyme/reason, but you’re probably right. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
Clarity
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Basic marketing.  It creates a call to action by creating the perception people will miss out should they wait until the last minute.

Yeah. On day one they basically had exactly half of the rows available to purchase. Now, on the east side you have to presume we’ve basically sold all the ones not offered through AXS. But I think at least half the west side is still unsold. Not to mention the sideline seats toward the south end (along with the end zone seats) have been blocked off entirely from day 1. 

Attendance Nostradamus heavily suggests you be prepared for a 3/4 or so full stadium. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Around 85% of the tickets have been sold and we're still 8 days from the game. That's pretty damn good considering a lot of people here were claiming there was no chance it would sell out. 

Who?  I certainly don’t recall “a lot” of people saying that.

Im pretty sure everyone here was talking about how small Toyota is (20.5k) & how we brought 35k to the Cotton Bowl in 2013… it’s definitely going to sell out!!!

It still might, but I’d have thought it would have by now.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2