Frisco Classic Bowl

wardly

4 minutes ago, wardly said:

UTSA is playing on a Tuesday ,  must travel to Frisco, and I am afraid that they draw better than we do two days later with a local team and no travel. While we didn't know the date or location ,plans can be altered, especially since we knew we were bowl bound on 11/27 after we beat the Roadrunners. I fine it hard to believe that some fans can't get an afternoon off from work. You could leave the office by 1:00 and still make a 2:30  kickoff.

Agreed. I'm sure a lot of people already had 12/23 requested off from work. Gotta use all that PO time before you lose it! 

3 hours ago, wardly said:

They have been selling tickets thru AXS since opponents were announced. Go to "thefriscobowl.com" to get all the information you need about the game.  It's UNT that needs to get a move on.

I think a lot of people are waiting on the school to sell them so they can give money to the school. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Per sources I can Confirm i will be there. Just need 17,999 more to show up to sell out this bad boy....I think we can do it. I am predicting 5500 Miami fans. 12k UNT fans.

I think you accidently added an extra zero. There's no way in Hell they bring more than 1000. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Isn’t it a typical DFW response, wardly? 
The WBAP TCU Tree Frogs gang of Hal Day & Brian Estridge got their shots In on our bowl yesterday. Are we not the only 6 win bowl team to beat a Top 25 (15) team? That alone should get us some respect. 

We could stop all this in its tracks if we merely put a string of 3 or 4 winning seasons together.  We have Coastal Carolina, freakin’ U of Louisiana, App. St. & similar as role models to go up to the next level. With AAC membership looming we now have no choice but to Portal our way to the next level.  We may be 3 years behind in doing that now.  
We have a good foundation of young talent at UNT from our last 3 recruiting classes. Time to tweak all that with Portals who will be starters. 

•••Walk up day of game ticket sales will produce a good Mean Green crowd if some of our fans want to take that chance.  Those “day of” ticket sales put the icing on the cake for the 2  HOD Bowl games in Dallas.

🦅

And what bowl is tcu going to? Oh, wait...

3 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Will the university arrange buses from Denton for students?  I seem to recall them doing so for the HOD bowl last time, as well as away games at SMU in the past (though it did not seem so at the most recent smu game).

Is anybody even there during the holiday break?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Looking on the Frisco Bowl website... The blue sections are the only ones showing available for purchase.

Does that mean the schools have the other sections? Because I hope we wont be filling seats only in these blue sections.

Capture.JPG.019a7cf5b3983194a0026e0cb3e5f28c.JPG

in the blue section, only every other row was available. Also in the past frisco bowl games, the end zone where the hall of fame is, was blocked off but it was open for the FCS championship game 

2 minutes ago, AleAlejandro21 said:

in the blue section, only every other row was available. Also in the past frisco bowl games, the end zone where the hall of fame is, was blocked off but it was open for the FCS championship game 

That’s because NDSU travels 17 hours better than we do 35 minutes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

54 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Looking on the Frisco Bowl website... The blue sections are the only ones showing available for purchase.

Does that mean the schools have the other sections? Because I hope we wont be filling seats only in these blue sections.

Capture.JPG.019a7cf5b3983194a0026e0cb3e5f28c.JPG

That's what I'm thinking. It's just odd the schools are being given some of the worst seats in the house. Figured they would get the sections around midfield. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 1