Frisco Classic Bowl

wardly

Let see. Schools still are not selling tickets. Seems like they are not releasing any information on events/activities surrounding the game. Hell, if they did not want to host the game then they should have turned it down to start with. Our players, and M of O's deserve better. They (the Frisco Classic Bowl) need to get their 💩 together

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1

5 minutes ago, wardly said:

So I talked to a  sales supervisor today at Toyota Stadium ticket sales regarding the availability of good seats to the Frisco Classic Bowl featuring UNT. He said, and I quote, " there won't be any problems getting good tickets because we don't expect much of a turnout. " i told him that I thought he was wrong. Now I am asking you to prove me right. If we can't sell out a 18,000 seat stadium we don't deserve to be there.

Martial Arts Challenge GIF by Shaw Brothers

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Let see. Schools still are not selling tickets. Seems like they are not releasing any information on events/activities surrounding the game. Hell, if they did not want to host the game then they should have turned it down to start with. Our players, and M of O's deserve better. They (the Frisco Classic Bowl) need to get their 💩 together

They have been selling tickets thru AXS since opponents were announced. Go to "thefriscobowl.com" to get all the information you need about the game.  It's UNT that needs to get a move on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, wardly said:

They have been selling tickets thru AXS since opponents were announced. Go to "thefriscobowl.com" to get all the information you need about the game.  It's UNT that needs to get a move on.

I am sure they will put events in place, but if you look at "that other game sharing the stadium" they have a list of events that are scheduled. It seems like they are still trying to finalize everything. For diehards it does not matter, but outside the Green family the optics are crappy.

• Upvote 1

I am going to guess 7,000-8,000 people in the stands... The hype that was around the team during the last HOD bowl does not seem to be there this season, The game is on a Thursday afternoon even though its 2 days before Christmas I can see a lot of people having to work that day

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

If I can get out of the hospital after surgery I will find a way to be there. It’s down the street from my house so I have to make it. 

I applaud your commitment. Maybe Wren should get you to lead the team onto the field for the game. In your hospital gown and carrying the battle flag if possible. I sure ESPN's commentators would enjoy the topic and you might get a helmet stick on College Gameday Final. 

On a side note... I hope your surgery goes well. 🙂

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

I am going to guess 7,000-8,000 people in the stands... The hype that was around the team during the last HOD bowl does not seem to be there this season, The game is on a Thursday afternoon even though its 2 days before Christmas I can see a lot of people having to work that day

We need to drop football if we can only draw 8,000. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

48 minutes ago, wardly said:

So I talked to a  sales supervisor today at Toyota Stadium ticket sales regarding the availability of good seats to the Frisco Classic Bowl featuring UNT. He said, and I quote, " there won't be any problems getting good tickets because we don't expect much of a turnout. " i told him that I thought he was wrong. Now I am asking you to prove me right. If we can't sell out a 18,000 seat stadium we don't deserve to be there.

He’s probably used to FC Dallas games lol

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Did he understand that there's a local team in the game??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Tell him this is for a real football game and not for "kickie-ball" that elementary school kids play.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, wardly said:

Isn’t it a typical DFW response, wardly? 
The WBAP TCU Tree Frogs gang of Hal Day & Brian Estridge got their shots In on our bowl yesterday. Are we not the only 6 win bowl team to beat a Top 25 (15) team? That alone should get us some respect. 

We could stop all this in its tracks if we merely put a string of 3 or 4 winning seasons together.  We have Coastal Carolina, freakin’ U of Louisiana, App. St. & similar as role models to go up to the next level. With AAC membership looming we now have no choice but to Portal our way to the next level.  We may be 3 years behind in doing that now.  
We have a good foundation of young talent at UNT from our last 3 recruiting classes. Time to tweak all that with Portals who will be starters. 

•••Walk up day of game ticket sales will produce a good Mean Green crowd if some of our fans want to take that chance.  Those “day of” ticket sales put the icing on the cake for the 2  HOD Bowl games in Dallas.

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Monkeypox said:

Yeah, I'm a little pessimistic about turnout. Middle of a Thursday, 2 days before Christmas... everybody I know will be at work. And a lot of people made plans already, not expecting us to make a game at 1-6. 

UTSA is playing on a Tuesday ,  must travel to Frisco, and I am afraid that they draw better than we do two days later with a local team and no travel. While we didn't know the date or location ,plans can be altered, especially since we knew we were bowl bound on 11/27 after we beat the Roadrunners. I fine it hard to believe that some fans can't get an afternoon off from work. You could leave the office by 1:00 and still make a 2:30  kickoff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2