DRC: In this week's UNT newsletter examine how UNT went from being the nation's 12th-ranked passing offense to the third-ranked rushing offense in three years

Brett Vito

I'm just gonna post this on this related thread.

Miami gives up about 150 yards rushing a game or 3rd in the MAC.

They played 7 teams with top 50 Rushing Offenses and their record was 2-5 against those teams.

They are 0-2 against Top 25 Rushing Teams (Army and Kent State).

We are currently ranked 3rd in Rushing Offense right behind Army. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

I'm just gonna post this on this related thread.

Miami gives up about 150 yards rushing a game or 3rd in the MAC.

They played 7 teams with top 50 Rushing Offenses and their record was 2-5 against those teams.

They are 0-2 against Top 25 Rushing Teams (Army and Kent State).

We are currently ranked 3rd in Rushing Offense right behind Army. 

Yep!
They give up over 4yds/carry on average.   

To put that in perspective...
Liberty is giving up .5yds/carry less on average (which is a big jump), and 141yds/gm.   Rankings-wise, this puts them 15 spots ahead of Miami-OH.    NT lit Liberty up for 242 rush yds.   That was the game most consider the point we turned the corner.   The run game has only gotten better since then, although UTEP did provide a challenge (only gave up 183 rushing yds).

Torrey/Ragsdale/Adeyi are going to have a field day.   Should be a big win for NT.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

I’ll say this, our passing attack is not really that bad. I think early on that they kept missing on those timing routes and switched to run first. I believe that we have excellent receivers (we seem to always have great running backs) and with run first there can be some big passing play opportunities. Could you imagine a balanced attack, with big strike potential 😉

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

On 12/7/2021 at 6:50 PM, Cooke County Kid said:

I’ll say this, our passing attack is not really that bad. I think early on that they kept missing on those timing routes and switched to run first. I believe that we have excellent receivers (we seem to always have great running backs) and with run first there can be some big passing play opportunities. Could you imagine a balanced attack, with big strike potential 😉

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!

I like your optimism but I’d have to disagree. I think our passing attack (while improved with much being a weaker part of the schedule) at the end… I would say our passing attack was bad. 
i would also say we do not have excellent receivers. Way way way too many dropped balls (when they were finally on target) for them to be considered excellent. I hope for good things next year, especially in the improvement of the passing game which largely held us back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1