Duncanville’s RB Melachi Medlock 6-2, 215

Cooley

This kid has been committed to Toledo for sometime now. I would think that he would be a great flip for the Mean Green. Don’t understand why other program aren’t beating his door down. He would give Oscar Addaway a run for his money as a true freshman. Transferred in to Duncanville last year from Odessa Permian and Carries the ball 30 times a game. Opponents can’t stop this kid. Man, I’d hate to lose a very good back to a lesser program out of the area. In fact, we need to hit Duncanville, move often along with DeSoto, Cedar Hill and SOC. Do we even try?

• Upvote 5

On 12/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, Cooley said:

Farrar is more a utility player. (Not a speedster or power back) Currently alternates in the backfield. Not the 18-20 carry back needed. Melachi is an upgrade over these other guys on the roster.

I don't know about the relative merits of the two but I would call Farrar a speedster.  He's on the track team and ran an 11.25 100M as a sophomore.

Saw him break loose up the middle and was 10 yards in front of everybody.  A DB caught him over the next 20 yards. (No angle). Kid is quick but not what I define as a speedster. Wish I could run a 11.25 but that doesn’t win many events in and around Dallas.

Very happy we will sign the kid. Speaking of which, watch out for a Red Oak 8th grader who beats everybody by 10-15 yards in the 200 and at least 5 yards in the 100. At this pace, this kid may run in the Olympics. I think his name is Braylon. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Cooley said:

Medlock decommits

We need to jump all over this kid.  I watched him in the state title game yesterday against a very talented North Shore defense.  He more than held his own.  

Plus, I don’t want to see yet another Dallas area kid end up at that school in University Park

• Upvote 2

Like Farrar, Medlock is one of the Top 30 RBs in the state .  

"Medlock is a power back who grinds on a defense.  He is a battering ram, but also has a quick burst to explode through the hole with the power to break tackles.  He makes getting the tough yards look easy, and he gets better later in games.:  DCTxFB Rising Recruiting Guide

I don't know about his grades or his speed, but he sounds like the Mean Green running game to me.

I'm thinking that I sure would like to see this young man in our backfield.

Medlock 6LREH4LAUFFLXKFS3WSMDRXWXY.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...