Field at Toyota Stadium?

El Paso Eagle

21 hours ago, greenminer said:

MWC is def greater than MAC, but in terms of these two specific teams, it might not be what you're thinking.

Just speaking from my view, SDSU hasn't been on my radar since Marshal Faulk/WAC, but Miami-OH has been in and out of my life (albeit, sparsely) the last 10 years.

EDIT: I liked matching up with either of these teams.

Your experience is definitely not typical of casual FBS fans.  I think if you did a poll more people know SDSU and their Aztecs nickname than people know Miami of Ohio.  I am far more than a casual fan and upon the announcement of this game I could not have told you Miami’s nickname for $1,000 without looking it up.   RedHawks still sound weird to me.  Were they an “Indians/Native American” casualty?  I vaguely remember something like that with them.  Or am I confusing them with ULM and Arkansas State?

As for selling out that to me makes having just in the plus side of mediocre coach unsustainable and restrictive of the program’s growth.  I think the defenders of Seth don’t share that opinion. 🤷🏽‍♂️  If we were drawing 25K+ consistently before he got here and in his first couple years, I wouldn’t have a big problem staying for 2022 given the circumstances.  On the field as mess up as it sounds, we have to catch up to UAB and UTSA.  The UTSA win was nice but if you are recruiting against UAB, UTSA and SMU in just recent success we lag behind.  And nor does a win against Miami of Ohio in the Frisco “we have more teams than bowl game spots available” classic bowl.  You are asking a lot from fans to come out to HOPEFULLY see mediocrity +1 vs teams they don’t care about.  🤷🏽‍♂️  I’ll watch and hope they win but the highlight of the season still will be beating UTSA No matter the outcome.  And to me that is not a good spot to be in.  So drawing SDSU is a win for UTSA.  A win would be suitable season highlight for them.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1