Field at Toyota Stadium?

El Paso Eagle

2 hours ago, Danish43 said:

The reason I wrote the above Statement is because NT and UTSA are large universities which have the potential to bring more people than what the  stadium fits .

I agree and hope it is a sellout.  Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend as I will have to work, have in-laws in for Christmas and live five hours away.  I will be wearing green and watching when able.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

San Diego State >>> Miami 🤫of Ohio.  That and more combined wins this season and appearances on regular cable TV. 

As an aside (and I'm sure this must be explained in other threads)... I thought the C-USA winner had their choice of bowls..  Getting #13 BYU in the Independence Bowl sounds way way better than #24 San Diego State in the Frisco bowl.. Not only that, now they're in a bowl game that's going to be confused with two 6-6 squads.   I'd be pissed if I was a UTSA fan.

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

San Diego State >>> Miami 🤫of Ohio.  That and more combined wins this season and appearances on regular cable TV. 

MWC is def greater than MAC, but in terms of these two specific teams, it might not be what you're thinking.

Just speaking from my view, SDSU hasn't been on my radar since Marshal Faulk/WAC, but Miami-OH has been in and out of my life (albeit, sparsely) the last 10 years.

EDIT: I liked matching up with either of these teams.

Edited by greenminer

54 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Students still get in free?  We used to be able to walk up with our UNT ID. Those were the days…

Yep.  We paid a student fee as well.  The difference now is that they have to go pick up their tickets.

4 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Students still get in free?  We used to be able to walk up with our UNT ID. Those were the days…

They were. I hated the switch to digital. Give me a physical ticket any day.

The ticket stock can't cost that much. Use some of Seth's contract to pay for it and he'd still be the richest coach in CUSA.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Danish43 said:

Why is the bowl game played in a 20,000 seat stadium. Why not the Cotton Bowl where there were 38,000 people in attendance some years back?

UTSA will be playing at the same Frisco bowl on the 21 against San Diego St and they had 41,000 in attendance this past Saturday against W Kentucky. 

The most appropriately-sized bowl game venue in the Metroplex in a normal year I think would be Amon G. Carter for the Armed Forces Bowl. 47,000 is more than either Heart of Dallas Bowl attendance, but give us a closeby opponent and I think we'd push a sellout. It would have been a stomping, but had we gotten Houston in the Armed Forces Bowl, that place would have been rocking (at least for the first quarter).

When the location of the new bowl game was in question, some on this board suggested the Ballpark in Arlington. I think that would be a great location if this football classic were to stay around. With all of the neutral site games, high school playoff games, XFL, soccer, and other events going on, I'm surprised we haven't seen a bowl game put together for the Ballpark yet. I think even with the reconfiguration, the stadium seats around the same number for football games. It would be more centrally located and has much better parking.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

They were. I hated the switch to digital. Give me a physical ticket any day.

The ticket stock can't cost that much. Use some of Seth's contract to pay for it and he'd still be the richest coach in CUSA.

Wait... you got a physical ticket as a student?  Back in my day, we literally just showed our ID and walked in.  It was glorious!  We could leave at halftime, go slam a few beers in the parking lot and then go back in.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

Wait... you got a physical ticket as a student?  Back in my day, we literally just showed our ID and walked in.  It was glorious!  We could leave at halftime, go slam a few beers in the parking lot and then go back in.

I want to say they switched to the ticket system Concurrent with the move to Apogee. 

Yes, IIRC you'd get a physical ticket in advance if you showed your ID to the pop-up trailer the AD would set up in the library mall during the week. If you wanted to wait till you got to Apogee, I still think we got physical tickets. Note, I was a student from 2014 to 2017.

For basketball, I wanna say they just checked our student IDs. In Spring 2018 or 19 after I had just graduated, my coworker, an FAU alum, and I went to a game. He showed up at the tip in FAU gear, and they let him in for free "because he had travelled so far".

4 minutes ago, Moobs said:

2 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I want to say they switched to the ticket system Concurrent with the move to Apogee. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Yeah but UTSA was playing a home game.  They will have a harder time having people drive all the way to Frisco two days before xmas.  

How many did UTSA bring to Denton when they were 11-0?  Maybe 500?   So now they are 12-1 and bringing 15,000?

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, greenminer said:

MWC is def greater than MAC, but in terms of these two specific teams, it might not be what you're thinking.

Just speaking from my view, SDSU hasn't been on my radar since Marshal Faulk/WAC, but Miami-OH has been in and out of my life (albeit, sparsely) the last 10 years.

They may not be on your radar, but SDSU is ranked.  Not sure if that falls into what you are thinking. 

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

under-a-rock-live-under-a-rock.gif

SDSU has been in & out of the top 25 since 2016 and has lived in the top 25 since the 5th week of this season.    They're a very good program. 

• Upvote 1