Field at Toyota Stadium?

El Paso Eagle

I hope the equipment mgr is ensuring we've got the right spikes for our RB's shoes (along with alternate ones in case they don't work).    Looks like we've got good weather this week for getting some practice time out on the turf (I assume we've still got access to a grass practice field.)

Here's what Oxford, OH looks like for the next couple of weeks if they intend to practice outside on turf.  They've also got an indoor practice field.

20150211_D7515_022.jpg

Screenshot_20211205_234014.jpg

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

I hope the equipment mgr is ensuring we've got the right spikes for our RB's shoes (along with alternate ones in case they don't work).    Looks like we've got good weather this week for getting some practice time out on the turf (I assume we've still got access to a grass practice field.)

Here's what Oxford, OH looks like for the next couple of weeks if they intend to practice outside on turf.  They've also got an indoor practice field.

20150211_D7515_022.jpg

Screenshot_20211205_234014.jpg

They have a better IPF than SMU!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

They have a better IPF than SMU!

Theirs is an indoor practice field, the walls look really close around the edges but it's still pretty nice. SMU has a "partial indoor practice field" with a low ceiling, much like many of the local high schools and middle schools.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

Why is the bowl game played in a 20,000 seat stadium. Why not the Cotton Bowl where there were 38,000 people in attendance some years back?

UTSA will be playing at the same Frisco bowl on the 21 against San Diego St and they had 41,000 in attendance this past Saturday against W Kentucky. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Danish43 said:

UTSA will be playing at the same Frisco bowl on the 21 against San Diego St and they had 41,000 in attendance this past Saturday against W Kentucky. 

I believe I heard their announcer say they only had 21,000 in attendance last Saturday.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Danish43 said:

Why is the bowl game played in a 20,000 seat stadium. Why not the Cotton Bowl where there were 38,000 people in attendance some years back?

Yeah but UTSA was playing a home game.  They will have a harder time having people drive all the way to Frisco two days before xmas.  

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

They had a legit 40K for the CUSA championship. 

Yeah, one thing I will give UTSA is that they can get a decent crowd.   Being the only show in town in the middle of a really large city, with really cheap tickets helps that though.  I'm curious to see how well they travel for a bowl.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Danish43 said:

Because the Frisco Bowl and the Frisco Classic are in Frisco.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danish43 said:

The reason I wrote the above Statement is because NT and UTSA are large universities which have the potential to bring more people than what the  stadium fits .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Yeah but UTSA was playing a home game.  They will have a harder time having people drive all the way to Frisco two days before xmas.  

Yes but UTSA with there win streak has a pretty loyal fan base. Just want to mention that SA is unique, a large city with a small town feeling. It very different in culture than Dallas and Houston.  

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

Yes but UTSA with there win streak has a pretty loyal fan base. Just want to mention that SA is unique, a large city with a small town feeling. It very different in culture than Dallas and Houston.  

If they keep winning and can get some of the local SA money to support local, they could have some interesting numbers

• Upvote 2