Miami of Ohio vs North Texas at Frisco Football Classic Dec. 23 2:30PM CT

Coach Andy Mac

18 minutes ago, wardly said:

They lost 4 games by a total of 14 points. Two were one point loses. Not a pushover.

They have a tough time winning away games (1-6), which is exactly what they're getting.   
They also can be had on the ground for over 4yds/carry... which happens to be our only strength offensively.
Looking forward to the win!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Someone tell their graphic designer that Austin is not Frisco.

Unless the graphic designer is connecting "Frisco" with "San Francisco" and San Francisco with Austin...

Well played, graphic designer!

FA4D75F8-0D5C-47A7-97CA-75D9C3ACE1EC.jpeg.f22ce7924a057ce296963b4e1e262e72.jpeg

LOL!  I’m sure that’s the Salesforce Building in San Francisco!  

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What a confusing nightmare.   So stupid.    Why couldn't this have been in Austin or something?   Why confuse people by having 2 bowl games that few have heard of at the same venue 2 days apart, with confusing names? 
It's just stupid.

I guess this is what happens when you just put something together last minute and slap a new coat of paint on it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meangreenfreak said:

Is this even a Bowl?  41 other games are called Bowl, this one is a football classic. Hard to be a classic when it’s never happened before. Sorry for the negativity. Happy to have another game but this just feels cheap. 
Does anyone know what the payout is?  Without a sponsor, I bet it’s not much. 

This comment points out the lack of a shrug response/reaction 🤷🏽‍♂️ in the regular options.  Not worthy of a down or up vote.  I was confused by the announcement especially when I got 404 error when I clicked on it the first time then Google “Frisco Bowl” and saw the UTSA vs SDSU game for the 21st.  Frisco is nice but is it nice enough to have 2 bowls?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

This comment points out the lack of a shrug response/reaction 🤷🏽‍♂️ in the regular options.  Not worthy of a down or up vote.  I was confused by the announcement especially when I got 404 error when I clicked on it the first time then Google “Frisco Bowl” and saw the UTSA vs SDSU game for the 21st.  Frisco is nice but is it nice enough to have 2 bowls?

I am torn on how I feel about it. On one hand, I do feel like we got scraps, but 5 weeks ago, I also didn't think we would be playing after the UTSA game, so I am thankful for that.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What a confusing nightmare.   So stupid.    Why couldn't this have been in Austin or something?   Why confuse people by having 2 bowl games that few have heard of at the same venue 2 days apart, with confusing names? 
It's just stupid.

I am expecting to see lots of confused fans wearing orange and blue at the UNT/Miami game...

• Haha 3

Just now, TreeFiddy said:

New Years Day game at the Cotton Bowl is a little different than a mid week mid day game at the AMC Frisco Bowl.  I hope we get a good lane.

Just to be safe, we should market that we are playing University of Miami.  No need to elaborate further.

Ha!  I get what you’re saying…a holiday versus mid week. I would think this would be a kickoff to the holiday. People take a 1/2 day, go to the game, dinner/shop, then it’s Christmas Eve. GMG!!

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

New Years Day game at the Cotton Bowl is a little different than a mid week mid day game at the AMC Frisco Bowl.  I hope we get a good lane.

Just to be safe, we should market that we are playing University of Miami.  No need to elaborate further.

Hell yeah! Playing the U in the Frisco Bowl.

*I will take no questions or rebuttals 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Poor Miami always gets confused with the other Miami and now plays in a bowl in Frisco that gets confused with another bowl in Frisco. 

Oh wow North Texas is playing the U? No we’re playing Miami (Ohio)…oh okay. So ya’ll are in the Frisco Bowl? Uhhhh no not exactly, we are in the Frisco Football Classic….oh okay. Awkward silence ensues. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5