UTEP gets New Mexico bowl vs Fresno

Coach Andy Mac

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenRoadrunner said:

Word!  I do like NMSU joing CUSA though (if I remember correctly).  I just don't see CUSA rising up. And I don't like the idea of adding more schools from FCS.

I think Jacksonville State is in a better position than SHSU to move up. I think SH only moved at this time because they are worried the FBS requirements are going to change and this might be their last chance for a while. Not sure their fanbase will be up for the challenge. Defending National Champs and they struggle to get 7K to show up. 

I came into Mean Green Nation after the indie years, but I think going indie might be even worse than what it was 30 years ago.

The money race among the conferences is ridiculously fast.  By not affiliating with any of that, you're basically saying "I give up" the money, while still maintaining a program.  Sounds impossible to do so and remain competitive.

• Upvote 1