DRC: Bowl possibilities update

Brett Vito

3 minutes ago, Moobs said:

But it’s not the Frisco Bowl. It’s the Frisco Football Classic. 2 different bowl games. 

I imagine there are going to be some people buying tickets for the wrong game - especially with neither having a title sponsor. If a fan Googles "frisco bowl game," most likely it will bring up the first edition.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt from A700 said:

I imagine there are going to be some people buying tickets for the wrong game - especially with neither having a title sponsor. If a fan Googles "frisco bowl game," most likely it will bring up the first edition.

The Frisco Bowl has a title sponsor. It’s the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl. 

But yes, still very confusing. Same venue. Similar names. 2 days apart. Some people will buy tickets to the wrong game if they don’t purchase through their university. 

2 minutes ago, Moobs said:

The Frisco Bowl has a title sponsor. It’s the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl. 

But yes, still very confusing. Same venue. Similar names. 2 days apart. Some people will buy tickets to the wrong game if they don’t purchase through their university. 

My bad! Surprised it's not just the Tropical Smoothie Bowl, but Frisco wants to make itself out to be more than a bedroom community. Despite Frisco having 200k people now, most outsiders will probably think the "Frisco Bowl" is being played in Cali.

3 minutes ago, Moobs said:

It’s going to be 90+% UNT fans. The whole thing is our section. 😂 It won’t matter which side of the field the team is on. 

Likely true, sure would be nice if our athletic department had some information on how to purchase through them. Normally I wouldn’t be in a hurry, but I have a feeling they getting your tickets NOW is a smart investment.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Likely true, sure would be nice if our athletic department had some information on how to purchase through them. Normally I wouldn’t be in a hurry, but I have a feeling they getting your tickets NOW is a smart investment.

Expect an email before the end of the day. Likely within the next hour or two. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Moobs said:

But it’s not the Frisco Bowl. It’s the Frisco Football Classic. 2 different bowl games. 

Fans aren’t the only ones getting confused. 
https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021/12/5/22811923/frisco-bowl-teams-2021-north-texas-vs-miami-oh-game-date-time-location-toyota-stadium-who-is-playing

• Upvote 3