Cincinnati Makes CFP

BillySee58

The system has to change.  Cincy had to go undefeated for 2 straight seasons just to barely sneak into the playoffs.  If they happen to beat any team other than ND to start the year the committee puts ND in front of them every single time.

Could even make the argument that with a convincing win over Baylor Ok St probably would have jumped over them too.

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Image the sheer number of heads that will explode if Cincy wins the title.  Please, God, let Cincy win.

I will take any other team in the playoff field except for Bama. Although I am mad at Georgia for letting Bama in the playoff at all last night. The Bulldogs looked like the best team in the country all year until then.

13 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I will take any other team in the playoff field except for Bama. Although I am mad at Georgia for letting Bama in the playoff at all last night. The Bulldogs looked like the best team in the country all year until then.

I haven't gotten over Auburn letting them off the hook.  The Tigers had that game in hand.  If they won, Bama wouldn't have gotten in. Not even with their victory yesterday.  Losing to a 7-5 Auburn squad would have sunk them IMHO.

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

I haven't gotten over Auburn letting them off the hook.  The Tigers had that game in hand.  If they won, Bama wouldn't have gotten in. Not even with their victory yesterday.  Losing to a 7-5 Auburn squad would have sunk them IMHO.

Yeah, with the amount of close games they've had this season I don't see how the Committee could have excused allowing them in over Notre Dame or a 12-1 OSU team if they had beat Baylor.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I think Cinci will be beaten by Alabama soundly.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

I think Cinci will be beaten by Alabama soundly.  

If that does happen, I don’t want to hear about how Cincinnati didn’t deserve to be there.  I believe Bama just beat Georgia soundly so…

This comment isn’t directed at you ChiefTen.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Cincy nor any other G5 team have any business in the playoff

Playoffs should be all CFB conference champs and enough at-large to fill out 12/16 bracket.  If the G5 is such a pushover, let the P5 prove it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TripleGrad said:

Playoffs should be all CFB conference champs and enough at-large to fill out 12/16 bracket.  If the G5 is such a pushover, let the P5 prove it. 

Let the G5 prove it? They prove it every year when the P5 and G5 play each other. Occasionally a team like UTSA beats a bad P5 team and thats it. There is nothing else to prove other than the best G5 can beat some P5 garbage or average teams

Edited by MeanGreen4Life1998