WKU vs UTSA game thread

Tom McKrackin

16 minutes ago, drex said:

How much does Judy McLeod make?  She sure does not spend it on clothing.  Also, she always looks like she just lost her last friend.  I am so glad we are waving good by to her.

$438,200.

I already know why so many of you are so objecting to her being the CUSA Commissioner so I won't ask what your direct issues are with her being in her occupation as Conference Commissioner of a sub-par and fleeting conference GUTTED before her accepting of the job in 2015. 

But go ahead. Make fun of her clothes.  I am sure you are dressed to the nines lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2

11 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

I already know why so many of you are so objecting to her being the CUSA Commissioner so I won't ask what your direct issues are with her being in her occupation as Conference Commissioner of a sub-par and fleeting conference GUTTED before her accepting of the job in 2015.

I don't care about her clothes but the conference being gutted before she took the job isn't enough to excuse her reaching a TV deal that cut revenue 80% per member school and relegated many games to networks nobody ever heard of that couldn't even keep their Internet streams working. The Sun Belt in the same time period landed an ESPN deal through 2028.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, rcade said:

I don't care about her clothes but the conference being gutted before she took the job isn't enough to excuse her reaching a TV deal that cut revenue 80% per member school and relegated many games to networks nobody ever heard of that couldn't even keep their Internet streams working. The Sun Belt in the same time period landed an ESPN deal through 2028.

That is because the deal negotiated on the fact that a bunch of no-name ex-Sunbelt schools took the place of teams that are now in heading to the Big-12 or are on the short list to get there. The Sunbelt only got that offer by ESPN to counter the influence of Stadium and other non-traditional sports media stations.  I can't tell you the time I watched a Stadium broadcast and thought that ESPN3 or ESPN+ was better than that broadcast.  I can definitely tell you that having an active FB account meant I could watch the games far easier on Stadium than having to deal with ESPN's verification process. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, All About UNT said:

But go ahead. Make fun of her clothes.  I am sure you are dressed to the nines lol.

It's definitely some strange sexist banter people here throw her way.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, rcade said:

She makes $438,000, which coincidentally is the same amount as the next CUSA TV deal that was just signed with Pluto TV.

You think she is passing up good money that is just sitting on the table? You think there's a high demand for those 1000 people that watch an FIU v UNT game? Advertisers are just lining up? Cable (that's losing subscribers left and right) want to pony up a large amount of money on a product that doesn't sell?

Must be her butch hair.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You think she is passing up good money that is just sitting on the table? You think there's a high demand for those 1000 people that watch an FIU v UNT game?

I think losing 80% was the worst possible deal she could have struck, considering the deals the Sun Belt and other G5 conferences were getting in those years.

• Upvote 1

CUSA has a similar sized budget to UNT. Yet UNT is nearly doubling the salary of Wren - but looking at UNT's revenue against the FBS, we have not been keeping pace. On the outside, it can look ok, even good.. up 27% over the last 6 years or so?  Yet FBS on a whole is up nearly 30%. The cash cow of UNT has been pretty bad in.. the smaller sports are doing well. It's not some juggernaut of a program that's on cruise control... the expenses look close between UNT and CUSA. But I've never heard pot shots at Wren's appearance nor at the UNT president who is a leader in CUSA. 

CUSA is a dog, not because of negotiations skills, but because of the schools themselves.. hard to sell a 4 win team playing Incarnate word.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I'm not one of the people taking shots at her gender or appearance. I'm taking them at her performance.

Here's a nice rundown of the CUSA's woes during her tenure as of 2020.

The conference went from a total payout of about $14 million to roughly $2 million, a stunning 86% decrease. Around the same time, the MAC committed to a 13 year deal with ESPN that pays out around $10 million per year.

Such a drastic decrease in revenue could be justified if the league was expanding the inventory of its games on easy to watch outlets. The exact opposite happened.

CUSA's TV deal was the worst of both worlds: low revenue and hard-to-watch, hard-to-find media outlets.

Yes, CUSA suffered from a drop in quality of teams during her tenure because of school departures. But was it really only one-fifth as valuable as the MAC?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, rcade said:

I'm not one of the people taking shots at her gender or appearance. I'm taking them at her performance.

Here's a nice rundown of the CUSA's woes during her tenure as of 2020.

CUSA's TV deal was the worst of both worlds: low revenue and hard-to-watch, hard-to-find media outlets.

Yes, CUSA suffered from a drop in quality of teams during her tenure because of school departures. But was it really only one-fifth as valuable as the MAC?

You are correct in that performance, not gender should be how she is judged. Sadly, some people, when they have no facts or evidence of success to point to, will throw out the "sexist" card. I wonder if it had been a male commissioner and someone did one of the parody photo of who they look similar to if there would have been an issue? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

These comments are hilarious. It is sexist to comment on a person’s appearance and body language that always seems to say “ I’d rather be anywhere but here” when the commissioner should be selling the conference?  There wasn’t one thing sexist about these remarks until someone replied that they were and expressed that some b.s. “woke” code was broken. 
Also, the mention that she took over a gutted conference with teams that left that are now headed to thr Big XII and we’re replaced with Sun Belt schools is a little slanted at best. The Big XII is gutted and some of those replacement teams from the Sun Belt are now headed to a “gutted” AAC. Doesn’t matter, because while Aresco was working and trying to shore up the AAC, Judy was silent as usual. She still is, but don’t mention that or you will be called sexist. She sucks at her job and that is why folks are leaving CUSA and the replacements are anything but enticing. 

• Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 3