Championship Weekend

SigmaGreen

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

I think it would be sweeter if we were their only loss this year. That will bother UTSA way more than if they slide and lose out.

Or we could be the reason why their season de-railed and the wheels fell off their perfect season. They thought they had an easy road to an undefeated season, then we came in and obliterated that and they never recovered. I personally will never root for UTSA in anything. Their fans made sure of that. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 2

If they LOSE out, it could be argued that UTSA's early season success was a fluke and that it took a good football team (North Texas) to expose the charade.  If they WIN out, they are a very good football team and that we (North Texas) are  simply better.

I'm holding my nose when I say, "Go Runners."

GO MEAN GREEN

26 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

If they LOSE out, it could be argued that UTSA's early season success was a fluke and that it took a good football team (North Texas) to expose the charade.  If they WIN out, they are a very good football team and that we (North Texas) are  simply better.

I'm holding my nose when I say, "Go Runners."

GO MEAN GREEN

This is dishonest.
If they win out, they are C-USA champions and probably ranked again.   UNT is 3rd in C-USA West.   UTSA is the better team & will be remembered that way.    We were the better team on 11/27.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I picked WKU, but hope UTSA stomps them.  

Rationale:  NT beat UTSA, didn't play WKU.; Texas team, If WKU loses I think a good case can be made that NT is the strongest CUSA team at the end.  

WKU wouldn't be a factor without the Houston Baptist annexation.  Wonder if NT even considered recruiting them as a possibility. 

• Upvote 1

I think UTSA going to the AAC with us is a reason not to be upset if they win tonight. It’s hard to root for them but a strong program for our future conference is good.

Let’s represent in our bowl game too.  UAB UNT UTSA and FAU really need to ride momentum into the next two years and conference jump.  

GMG

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is dishonest.
If they win out, they are C-USA champions and probably ranked again.   UNT is 3rd in C-USA West.   UTSA is the better team & will be remembered that way.    We were the better team on 11/27.

i know you think that the weather was the major factor last Saturday, but i think UTSA has been running on fumes over the past three weeks and a long season is catching up to them. I don't think there will be much competition in the game tonight, even with dome/turf.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

i know you think that the weather was the major factor last Saturday, but i think UTSA has been running on fumes over the past three weeks and a long season is catching up to them. I don't think there will be much competition in the game tonight, even with dome/turf.

It’s a good thing we got to play in sunny, 72F dry weather, otherwise we may have been affected by weather as well

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, golfingomez said:

Guilty.  It was.  I would think 3 muffed kicks (2 we recovered), and 4 fumbles (1 we recovered) would back that up for me.
Why do you think they're running on fumes?   
Because of the close game VS UAB (a team that whipped us 40-6)?   
Or the SoMiss game where any film study they did to prepare for the game was worthless because the Golden Eagles came out playing Wildcat football out of nowhere?

I'm hoping for a game like the last time these two teams played.  GREAT GAME!   WKU certainly looks like they've turned it up to 11 since then (winning 7 straight since losing that game).    The Alamodome should provide a spark to the Runners though.   I don't think we put anything on tape for WKU to exploit, since they definitely don't run the ball like we do (their leading RB has 432 yds!).  I doubt they abandon their Air Raid to adopt our veer.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Guilty.  It was.  I would think 3 muffed kicks (2 we recovered), and 4 fumbles (1 we recovered) would back that up for me.
Why do you think they're running on fumes?   
Because of the close game VS UAB (a team that whipped us 40-6)?   
Or the SoMiss game where any film study they did to prepare for the game was worthless because the Golden Eagles came out playing Wildcat football out of nowhere?

I'm hoping for a game like the last time these two teams played.  GREAT GAME!   WKU certainly looks like they've turned it up to 11 since then (winning 7 straight since losing that game).    The Alamodome should provide a spark to the Runners though.   I don't think we put anything on tape for WKU to exploit, since they definitely don't run the ball like we do (their leading RB has 432 yds!).  I doubt they abandon their Air Raid to adopt our veer.

2 were muffed kicks (1 recovered), 1 was a return where the returner had already run 15 yards up the field(1 recovered).

Additionally, the amount of sacks(5)/QB pressures(3) allowed shouldn't be affected by rain. Neither should the fact that UTSA's defense just got straight up run over, both of their lines got whipped/pushed around. 

22 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

2 were muffed kicks (1 recovered), 1 was a return where the returner had already run 15 yards up the field(1 recovered).

Additionally, the amount of sacks(5)/QB pressures(3) allowed shouldn't be affected by rain. Neither should the fact that UTSA's defense just got straight up run over, both of their lines got whipped/pushed around. 

OK.  Either way, the ball came out... a lot.  early.  and the game snowballed on them.   Tough noogies for them.  They can take that L any way they choose.   
The last one was a backbreaker that Harris fumbled (one of many for him).
Alot of the sacks/hurries came on their backup in the 2nd half after all those TO's killed them in Q1 & Q2.  UTSA quit when their coach quit... and that was when he decided not to trot Harris or McCormick back out there in the 2nd half (technically McCormick played that first drive of the 3rd quarter).
This would be concerning to me if I were a UTSA fan.