Here you go. CSU?

Wag Tag

3 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

NT is viewed as a joke. Don’t kid yourself. When they lose it’s always hey they always lose. Apathy in DFW is real. 

That apathy is no excuse for poor performance.  If it is why play game in front crowd you would see at a high school game? Why try with a defeated attitude?  Why put in all the work as a player, coach, or Adminstrator if fan apathy is an insurmountable obstacle to winning? 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

That apathy is no excuse for poor performance.  If it is why play game in front crowd you would see at a high school game? Why try with a defeated attitude?  Why put in all the work as a player, coach, or Adminstrator if fan apathy is an insurmountable obstacle to winning? 🙄

Yea, and why post?? Oh never mind!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

Where are you going with this? The discussion was that NT is viewed so poorly in the national media that they think Seth would be a candidate to take the CSU job.

• Upvote 1

I was watching the Houston/CInni game and we need to upgrade our football a lot to be able to compete for the top spot.  I know they are leaving for the big 12 but I think there is a big gap between CUSA and AAC. They would smash UTSA.  I am thinking we better find a better coach because we have a lot of ground to cover in short period of time.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I was watching the Houston/CInni game and we need to upgrade our football a lot to be able to compete for the top spot.  I know they are leaving for the big 12 but I think there is a big gap between CUSA and AAC. They would smash UTSA.  I am thinking we better find a better coach because we have a lot of ground to cover in short period of time.

Was thinking the same thing. There is a big difference.

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

16 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I disagree, I didn’t see anything exceptionally above what I saw in the UTSA v UAB game. The AAC teams may be marginally better right now but nothing insurmountable with us being able to recruit to the AAC. Phil Bennett has called defense well at the highest level of CFB and Seth has called offense well at the highest level of CFB, we will be just fine. The position of paramount importance is that we need a bona fide quarterback coach, someone with skins on the wall, not just a HS coach that can help recruiting. We’ve been lacking this for 3 years now. Obviously Graham Harrell would be my first choice but someone like either one of the Dodges would be a great choice too although they are probably sour to UNT these days.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

9 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I’m thinking better conference will lead to better recruiting will lead to performance more so than we just need a different coach.  Also, if we have an undefeated season, I hope we  pack Apogee the way that place was packed.  We may need better (more) fans too.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I’m thinking better conference will lead to better recruiting will lead to performance more so than we just need a different coach.  Also, if we have an undefeated season, I hope we  pack Apogee the way that place was packed.  We may need better (more) fans too.  

With you until the last part. UNT has a history of putting out sub par teams and showing little effort to improve. If you want more fans put out a better product. We have done little to expect fans to blindly show up just because it's what they should do. The lack of a fan base is more on UNT than on it's fans.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

With you until the last part. UNT has a history of putting out sub par teams and showing little effort to improve. If you want more fans put out a better product. We have done little to expect fans to blindly show up just because it's what they should do. The lack of a fan base is more on UNT than on it's fans.

I hear you.  Note that I didn’t say it was the fans’ fault that we needed more fans.  That would’ve been an RV move, no offense to RV. 

• Upvote 1