Here you go. CSU?

Wag Tag

• Wag Tag changed the title to Here you go. CSU?
Just now, Cr1028 said:

I’ve been saying this for awhile. Outside of our little world, North Texas is looked upon as a historic joke in terms of college football.

It’s not even debatable. Since 1995, when we came back up to 1-A (FBS), we have had 6 winning seasons. That’s 21 seasons with a losing record.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

In fairness, if he coaches next year at North Texas, he's coaching for his life.  If he goes to Colorado State he gets a fresh 5 or so year contract and a honeymoon period with a new fanbase.

Of course that’s true…but CSU has about 100 coaches their fans would be happier with than SL…

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

It’s not even debatable. Since 1995, when we came back up to 1-A (FBS), we have had 6 winning seasons. That’s 21 seasons with a losing record.

After Seth had 2 winning seasons back to back it makes you realize Wren’s thinking on the extension.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

After Seth had 2 winning seasons back to back it makes you realize Wren’s thinking on the extension.

It really made Jimmy Sexton think of how easy it would be to get SL that extension…the UNT leadership has never had to deal with anything like that before.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

So you can only really be judged compared to your peers.  And in FBS that is your conference.  So look below.  That 13 is out over 100 programs in FBS.   We are not that absurdly pathetic as so quick to co-sign on. 

CFE2D49A-2DA4-4AC7-A892-BD835C7C59CE.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Colorado state is a very crappy crappy job.  Look how many coaches fail here.  And yet our fans buy into how great and fantastic the Mountain West conference is.  What a joke.

Also Seth would be crazy to leave this place and location to be up in that cold weather.  He has one of the best G5 jobs out there bar none.  Now whether or not he deserves this job is for another discussion 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

So you can only really be judged compared to your peers.  And in FBS that is your conference.  So look below.  That 13 is out over 100 programs in FBS.   We are not that absurdly pathetic as so quick to co-sign on. 

CFE2D49A-2DA4-4AC7-A892-BD835C7C59CE.jpeg

Seriously man? We won 5 of those in the 1930s, 4 in the 1940s, and 7 in the 1950s. 16 of our 25 conference titles (or 64%) were from over 60 years ago. We have exactly 4, yes 4, conference titles since 1995 which is the time period he was referring to. 

The newly crowned CUSA champion has only been playing football for ten years so they haven’t even had an opportunity to win 25 titles. Hell, 4 of our conference mates didn’t even start playing football until after the year 2000. Our success in the first half of the 20th century doesn’t translate to a perception of excellence in the first half of the 21st century.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Seriously man? We won 5 of those in the 1930s, 4 in the 1940s, and 7 in the 1950s. 16 of our 25 conference titles (or 64%) were from over 60 years ago. We have exactly 4, yes 4, conference titles since 1995 which is the time period he was referring to. 

They all count.  We’ve been bad but let’s see. How many conference titles does the bottom half of the Big 12 have?  Teams like KSU (1, shared) Colorado (0) Kansas (0) and Missouri  (0) Texas Tech (0).   Even if you change the standard to a division title the numbers don’t look better.   Before Art Briles had Baylor won anything?  UCLA has 2 since 1995.  Half the schools I already Mentioned are Flagship Universities for their entire state.  I probably name another dozen or more if I cared to because there are at least 50 programs that have been playing FBS from 1995 on that don’t have 4 conference title or even 1 division title.  But continue buy into the dragging of our program based on nebulous standards that are changed on a whim. Whenever someone wants to make a point UNT football suck and we should be happy with mediocrity we buy it no questions asked. 🙄

8 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

They all count.  We’ve been bad but let’s see. How many conference titles does the bottom half of the Big 12 have?  Teams like KSU (1, shared) Colorado (0) Kansas (0) and Missouri  (0) Texas Tech (0).   Even if you change the standard to a division title the numbers don’t look better.   Before Art Briles had Baylor won anything?  UCLA has 2 since 1995.  Half the schools I already Mentioned are Flagship Universities for their entire state.  I probably name another dozen or more if I cared to because there are at least 50 programs that have been playing FBS from 1995 on that don’t have 4 conference title or even 1 division title.  But continue buy into the dragging of our program based on nebulous standards that are changed on a whim. Whenever someone wants to make a point UNT football suck and we should be happy with mediocrity we buy it no questions asked. 🙄

For you to suggest that our program is looked on more prestigiously in terms of football than any of the P5 teams you listed outside of KU is just asinine.

• Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

For you to suggest that our program is looked on more prestigiously in terms of football than any of the P5 teams you listed outside of KU is just asinine.

Did I say they were?  Nor did I suggest they were.  Those are the actual numbers no embellishment needed. That is the problem when perception doesn’t match the reality.  And we repeat perception that is based on nothing except being on TV more often on a forum promoting our program it is distasteful to me.  If I were negatively recruiting against UNT I would send the recruit to this forum. and that is the absurdity they aren’t winning anything.  Hell why coach here if the fan shit on all the previous accomplishments? 🙄.  Do I want more?  Hell we all should!  But you can do that without taking a huge 💩 accomplishments that other “more prestigious” programs don’t have.

15 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Did I say they were?  Nor did I suggest they were.  Those are the actual numbers no embellishment needed. That is the problem when perception doesn’t match the reality.  And we repeat perception that is based on nothing except being on TV more often on a forum promoting our program it is distasteful to me.  If I were negatively recruiting against UNT I would send the recruit to this forum. and that is the absurdity they aren’t winning anything.  Hell why coach here if the fan shit on all the previous accomplishments? 🙄.  Do I want more?  Hell we all should!  But you can do that without taking a huge 💩 accomplishments that other “more prestigious” programs don’t have.

The point was how we are perceived in the present day and not 60 years ago. 

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

The point was how we are perceived in the present day and not 60 years ago. 

I get that but we are a middle of the pack in a  huge post 1995 FBS landscape.   But often we talk on this forum like we are the worse or at least a bottom 15 FBS program in the country.  In this modern FBS landscape we haven’t been that since 2000.  And we had only graduated one 4 FBS recruiting class by that time.  Everything we need is here to be on par with best G5 programs in the country. We would have been likely left behind in CUSA otherwise.  Granted we have underachieved with those resources.   And one of my biggest complaints on this board is the is Embracement of underachieving mediocre football. “Never been prouder” of a 6-6 team whose biggest accomplishment so far is beating one those new post 2000 programs and acting the coach is good and on his way to being when the numbers say otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

I get that but we are a middle of the pack in a  huge post 1995 FBS landscape.   But often we talk on this forum like we are the worse or at least a bottom 15 FBS program in the country.  In this modern FBS landscape we haven’t been that since 2000.  And we had only graduated one 4 FBS recruiting class by that time.  Everything we need is here to be on par with best G5 programs in the country. We would have been likely left behind in CUSA otherwise.  Granted we have underachieved with those resources.   And one of my biggest complaints on this board is the is Embracement of underachieving mediocre football. “Never been prouder” of a 6-6 team whose biggest accomplishment so far is beating one those new post 2000 programs and acting the coach is good and on his way to being when the numbers say otherwise. 

NT is viewed as a joke. Don’t kid yourself. When they lose it’s always hey they always lose. Apathy in DFW is real. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1