Nevada (12/4/21)

CMJ

5 hours ago, rcade said:

It has always been the case that some vaccines prevent infection and others prevent disease. But even for the ones that prevent infection, 100 percent total infection prevention wasn't attainable.

Even the smallpox and measles vaccines didn't offer total prevention of infection.

The Covid vaccine’s success rate is abysmal. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/rising-covid-19-breakthrough-cases-hinder-efforts-to-control-virus-11636191003

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree and so do other treatments yet those are shouted down. 

Are you trying to negate the validity of vaccinations?
Are you trying to put Big Pharma under the magnifying glass?

I'm not sure where you are intending to take this vaccine talk but, like me sometimes, I think you're caught up in the role of question-this-question-that (devil's advocate?) just because it's fun to be there.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

True. But so does being a college-aged elite athlete (perhaps a broad leap in defining elite as scholarship-worthy).

I don't have the time to become a college-aged elite athlete. I did have an hour to go to CVS and get the shot.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Why are people hesitant to get the Covid Vaccine?  Possible after effects?  Scared to get stuck with a needle?  Good grief!  Anyone been overseas with the Army or Marine Corp., etc.?

Not totally sold on the mRNA process and potential long term side effects to the immune system. 

I am not an anti-vaxxer, but I 100% disagree with the mandates. If you and your doctor are good with it then go for it. I have decided to not receive this vaccine at this time and to take care of myself by other means. Unfortunately, to many this makes me some sort of evil even though this virus has a 99% recovery rate. Thankfully, I now have natural immunity. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree and so do other treatments yet those are shouted down. 

I had a tension headache (wasn’t too bad) last night & took some pepto before bed.   Wouldn’t you know it??  I woke up this morning with no headache!   I’ll be taking pepto before bed each time I have a tension headache creep up from now on!!  It works!!!

Let me ask… if you were to get a C diagnosis tomorrow, would you go through chemotherapy?   … because I have news for you about what’s in chemo drugs & what they do to your body.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I had a tension headache (wasn’t too bad) last night & took some pepto before bed.   Wouldn’t you know it??  I woke up this morning with no headache!   I’ll be taking pepto before bed each time I have a tension headache creep up from now on!!  It works!!!

Let me ask… if you were to get a C diagnosis tomorrow, would you go through chemotherapy?   … because I have news for you about what’s in chemo drugs & what they do to your body.

Outside of the stupidity of this response, do you believe the vaccines being offered are the only treatment for Covid?

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 2

On 12/4/2021 at 6:47 PM, UNTLifer said:

Well, I always thought you got vaccines to keep from getting sick. This “vaccine” has a different purpose depending on who you ask. 

This is a thread for a game that was never played.  Can we let it die?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Outside of the stupidity of this response, do you believe the vaccines being offered are the only treatment for Covid?

That’s the gist.   If you were going to beat it naturally, which you said 98% do (& you, yourself did!), taking a bunch of placebos isn’t doing anything.

I believe Remdesivir has been shown to actually help (like getting multiple people from ventilators to recovery help), but that’s about it.  You’re not taking dewormer on a vent & getting any help.

But playing around with the 2% just because you disagree with “mandates”, is haphazard.   Im glad you’re a part of the 98%! There are a lot of people in that 2% who could still be alive if they’d given their bodies the chance to recognize & fight the virus early by taking the vaccine though!

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

This is a thread for a game that was never played.  Can we let it die?

Sorry Anchorman GIF by reactionseditor

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That’s the gist.   If you were going to beat it naturally, which you said 98% do (& you, yourself did!), taking a bunch of placebos isn’t doing anything.

I believe Remdesivir has been shown to actually help (like getting multiple people from ventilators to recovery help), but that’s about it.  You’re not taking dewormer on a vent & getting any help.

But playing around with the 2% just because you disagree with “mandates”, is haphazard.   Im glad you’re a part of the 98%! There are a lot of people in that 2% who could still be alive if they’d given their bodies the chance to recognize & fight the virus early by taking the vaccine though!

Sorry Anchorman GIF by reactionseditor

You lost me at "dewormer" because of your myopic view of this treatment, amongst others.  You can get vaxxed and boosted continually forever is you believe that is what works best for you.  I believe differently.

You know what they treat you with in a hospital?  Tylenol and hope you stay off a vent.  Funny, but I know many people treated with what you call a "placebo" that had great results.  

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm

Approximately three quarters (346; 74%) of cases occurred in fully vaccinated persons (those who had completed a 2-dose course of mRNA vaccine [Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna] or had received a single dose of Janssen [Johnson & Johnson] vaccine ≥14 days before exposure). 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • RV 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Unfortunately, to many this makes me some sort of evil even though this virus has a 99% recovery rate.

99% recovery rate means 3 million Americans would die if we all got Covid. Easy solution to bring that number down… glad you were okay. Hope you don’t feel too bad for the people who have died a preventable death. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, denton_days said:

99% recovery rate means 3 million Americans would die if we all got Covid. Easy solution to bring that number down… glad you were okay. Hope you don’t feel too bad for the people who have died a preventable death. 

Are there vaccine mandates for other viruses with a 99% recovery rate?  If mRNA is so safe, why has it never been used until now considering they have studied this treatment for over two decades?  Why were previous trials utilizing mRNA shut down?  Do some research.  Why were the underlying conditions of those that died unfortunately never revealed? What are the potential long-term, 5-10+ years, complications that could arise.  Why are all other treatments dismissed?  The government pushes/advertises the vaccines instead of the drug companies.  Why is that?  Is that to circumvent the requirement to list all side effects when a pharmaceutical company advertises their meds on television?  Ever listened to some of those commercials?

I would love to see a study done of those who passed away from Covid.  Include their physical condition, were they active, did they take care of themselves,  height and weight, body composition/body fat percentage, other issues that could put them in a compromised state such as hypertension, diabetes, etc...  Your last sentence is way over the top considering none of these issues are revealed.

I feel for every person that has passed away from Covid and don't wish death on anyone, but the decision to get vaccinated should be a personal decision, period.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/5/2021 at 7:59 AM, rcade said:

This vaccine has a fantastic success rate of preventing people from becoming seriously ill or dying.

Thank goodness all those vaccines I received as a kid kept me from becoming seriously ill.  That mild case of polio was a blessing.

• Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thank goodness all those vaccines I received as a kid kept me from becoming seriously ill.  That mild case of polio was a blessing.

Before the vaccine, polio paralyzed 15,000 Americans a year -- mostly children. After the vaccine, it was eradicated to the point that the last polio case to originate in the U.S. was in 1979.

Would you prefer there be no vaccine?

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

No they are not but the cost of producing the vaccines was borne by Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson and I look on the mandate as a payback.  I still am against the mandate even though I have had the vaccine and a booster.  It was my choice.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, rcade said:

Before the vaccine, polio paralyzed 15,000 Americans a year -- mostly children. After the vaccine, it was eradicated to the point that the last polio case to originate in the U.S. was in 1979.

Would you prefer there be no vaccine?

Nope.  Not even close to what I meant.

• RV 1

10 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

No they are not but the cost of producing the vaccines was borne by Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson and I look on the mandate as a payback.  I still am against the mandate even though I have had the vaccine and a booster.  It was my choice.

Mandate as a payback to Big Pharma.  I'll pass.

Their stock price has skyrocketed.  I'll take that as payback.

• RV 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Are there vaccine mandates for other viruses with a 99% recovery rate?

Even with the same recovery rate, different viruses have different transmissibility.  If you have a novel virus that can naturally infect 100% of a community, it's going to impact a lot more people than a virus (with the same recovery rate) that will naturally only infect 25% of the community.

We've seen a lot of people argue that this thing is no worse than the flu and that makes these efforts (vaccines/masks/mandates) stupid.  That point seems to suggest they don't understand transmissibility.

• Upvote 1