Nevada (12/4/21)

CMJ

We return to the SuperPit after taking out a good Drake squad.  Nevada is a seemingly wounded animal without their coach, but they're entering winning three straight.  Should be a good matchup and hopefully we get a good crowd.  I know there are a lot of big football games going on that day though, so I am fearful of what that will do to butts in seats.

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

Go to their place next year and move the Denton game to 2023-2024 season I guess. Darn, was really looking forward to this one. Hope Wren and Mccasland can find someone else to play between now and the UMass game like they were able to last year with the last-minute West Virginia and Loyola games.

With finals next week that may be hard to pull off. Unless other teams have cancelation, most schedules are full. Tough break for everyone involved.

28 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

I, for one, am glad.  Regardless of who was to win, we were going to have a covid outbreak ourselves.

Better to cancel one non-conference game than to deal with that.

And yes, like it or not, it is the world we live in now.

But everyone is “vaccinated”.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

I did the legwork for us. #14 Florida is off all weekend. Let's make it happen! 

At the Super Pit!!!!

Hahaha but Nevada was scared. Only 1 other staff member besides Alford had Covid, but they decided not to play. Western did it in the past, I don’t see why Nevada can’t… 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t get COVID.  Just like the flu vaccine doesn’t mean you can’t get the flu.  

But I can tell you, as a fully vaccinated person who later got COVID, the symptoms are far less severe…and that is the point

That is a new definition of "vaccinated" from when I grew up.  The flu vaccine is a bad example because they try to predict what strain, or in current terms, variant, will be present during the flu season.  If they miscalculate, people get the flu.

Anyway, I also had Covid in October as an unvaccinated person.  My symptoms weren't terrible other than nausea.  Never had breathing issues, etc.  To each his own, but the huge push for "vaccines" isn't going to keep people from catching Covid.  It is with us forever as are other corona viruses.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

Ironic timing...I got word just this week that the COVID protocol requiring fans to sit behind the visitor's bench no closer than 3 rows (at least at the Coliseum) had been rescinded.   I was looking forward to sitting in my almost 40 year old season ticket seats for the first time in 2 years.  I'll be there.  Don't know if I'm on row 2 or row 4.

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

That is a new definition of "vaccinated" from when I grew up.  The flu vaccine is a bad example because they try to predict what strain, or in current terms, variant, will be present during the flu season.  If they miscalculate, people get the flu.

No, people get the flu regardless.  There is no year where a flu vaccine is 100% effective.  Usually it's about 50-70% effective.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Yeah,  it's the cold,  because that's what Omicron symptoms are.

SARS-COV-2 doing what viruses do.  Mutate quickly & find the best balance between contagiousness & deadliness.  

It’s not in a virus’ best interest to kill its host.  The more this thing mutates, the better, IMO.

Hope Nevada’s staff gets better & we get another crack at them @ the Super Pit next year!

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2021 at 12:14 AM, UNTLifer said:

That is a new definition of "vaccinated" from when I grew up.

It has always been the case that some vaccines prevent infection and others prevent disease. But even for the ones that prevent infection, 100 percent total infection prevention wasn't attainable.

Even the smallpox and measles vaccines didn't offer total prevention of infection.