GoMeanGreen.com Barbershop Podcast #217

Harry

gallery_1_206_153675.thumb.jpg.102a2b871

Join @Evan @Harry @BeyondTheGreen and  @TheReal_jayD as they recap the MONUMENTAL and DOMINATING win against #15 ranked UTSA at home as well projecting what bowl the Mean Green will be playing in and which team they may play.

Click for direct audio link:  https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/gomeangreen/GMG_BS_Pod_12.1.21_mixdown.mp3

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

• Harry featured this topic
Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Good takes"

El Paso Eagle was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

Nice show guy's. As far as Seth coming back I think unless something completely catastrophic happens in the Bowl game he is back so let's hope for the best. I do agree a QB has to be the top target in the transfer portal. Also, I think it's critical that he gets in here for the Spring. We also must add a QB coach who can develop whoever we have. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow guys, great fun podcast.

I don't think there has been enough discussion concerning what a huge opportunity a local bowl victory could do to launch this program. A green-out show of force, gazillions of green pom-poms, with all the pomp and ceremony of major college football, could be exactly what we need to activate our alumni base.

The team needs to do their part and win the game.

The rest of us need to help with the planning, promotion, and propaganda.

I want this to be one hell of a big Green celebration.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

With a transfer qb commit it will be interesting to see who leaves. I really hope Ruder stays and battles it out. Spring ball is a must. GMG

Trial by fire doesn't always work, especially in a function where so much synchronicity is involved. 

There's a reason that Ruder was a 4* recruit, the top quarterback prospect in Kansas, and why he moved so quickly up the depth chart at North Carolina with very acceptable statistics.

What we saw was a quarterback thrown into the starting role two weeks after arriving on campus. He had very few repetitions in this offense, and after a couple of early interceptions, started forcing the ball to make up for mistakes. That obviously didn't work.

Jace will now have a spring season to get in sync with his receivers and will soon be ready to show us what he's actually capable of accomplishing.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Trial by fire doesn't always work, especially in a function where so much synchronicity is involved. 

There's a reason that Ruder was a 4* recruit, the top quarterback prospect in Kansas, and why he moved so quickly up the depth chart at North Carolina with very acceptable statistics.

What we saw was a quarterback thrown into the starting role two weeks after arriving on campus. He had very few repetitions in this offense, and after a couple of early interceptions, started forcing the ball to make up for mistakes. That obviously didn't work.

Jace will now have a spring season to get in sync with his receivers and will soon be ready to show us what he's actually capable of accomplishing.

sting-police.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

That is what I’m hoping for, but his throwing motion scares the hell out of me!

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

I miss the podcast being in the Apple feed.  Maybe I just don’t know how to do it, but in the current distribution, I can’t save where I left off (I.e. if I can’t listen to the whole thing in one sitting).

I get a chuckle when people mix metaphors.  Evan’s comment about “beating a dead drum” made me laugh.  Not sure if it was intentional or not.  
Great stuff guys!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I miss the podcast being in the Apple feed.  Maybe I just don’t know how to do it, but in the current distribution, I can’t save where I left off (I.e. if I can’t listen to the whole thing in one sitting).

I do too. Never understood why they disabled the libsyn distribution. Front of their (libsyn) page advertises 100% compliance with Apple’s feed, plus all other major platforms.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I get a chuckle when people mix metaphors.  Evan’s comment about “beating a dead drum” made me laugh.  Not sure if it was intentional or not.  
Great stuff guys!

38 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I do too. Never understood why they disabled the libsyn distribution. Front of their (libsyn) page advertises 100% compliance with Apple’s feed, plus all other major platforms.

It's still on Apple:

https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/gomeangreen-com-podcasts/id1466568043

• Upvote 3