Bowl Game Tickets

MeanGreenPatriot

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenPatriot said:

I will be purchasing tickets asap after bids are given out. Does it benefit North Texas to go through them or does it matter if I buy directly from the bowls website?

Have we been invited to the Frisco Bowl officially?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenPatriot said:

I will be purchasing tickets asap after bids are given out. Does it benefit North Texas to go through them or does it matter if I buy directly from the bowls website?

You'll sit with your fellow Mean Green fans if you buy through the NT office.   It also makes NT look good to bowl committees when the tickets are sold through their ticket office.  Otherwise, it just looks like you're a random football fan when it comes to counting attendance.   

That said, if you don't have many Scholarship Fund Priority points (re: if you haven't given a ton of money, or been around a very long time), you may wind up in an unfavorable seat as opposed to paying through the Bowl website.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Go through the ticket office if you can. Usually, bowl games require the schools to purchase a block of tickets which then can then sell to their fans. Any tickets they don't sell they usually have to pay for anyway. The more tickets a school sells, the better it looks for future bowls. 

When you look at bowl "payouts," they always seem to mention a payment without including what the schools are required to pay. At most bowls, schools must buy a block of tickets, a block of hotel rooms, guarantee a minimum number of meals eaten and sometimes even more. Often, it's really hard to tell what the actual net payout really is! I'm not sure what the Frisco Bowl requires.  

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenPatriot said:

As others have said, “always“ buy through  the UNT Ticket Office no matter how many Scholarship Priority Points you do or do not have.  It’s our Mean Green civic duty? 

GMG!

••• Still holding out hope for the Armed Services Bowl vs Air Force (or whoever), but to quote the great UT & Texas icon Darrell Royal:    
“Ol’ ugly is better than ol’ nothing.” (If you know the story behind that DKR quote you’d know he could not repeat that today—but it was still funnier than hell.
(So many of us absolutely loved that Okie’ & Ex OU Sooner from Hollis).D18A7724-8999-4198-8497-0C2248624EF3.jpeg.87554d34a2fed2fe52b7aabce8f36cca.jpeg6A449375-4562-453B-B762-4D03CCF71D4D.jpeg.d76a612dcaaa0a7425b961a70bb440b5.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

As others have said, “always“ buy through  the UNT Ticket Office no matter how many Scholarship Priority Points you do or do not have.  It’s our Mean Green civic duty? 

GMG!

••• Still holding out hope for the Armed Services Bowl vs Air Force (or whoever), but to quote the great UT & Texas icon Darrell Royal:    
“Ol’ ugly is better than ol’ nothing.” (If you know the story behind that DKR quote you’d know he could not repeat that today—but it was still funnier than hell.
(So many of us absolutely loved that Okie’ & Ex OU Sooner from Hollis).D18A7724-8999-4198-8497-0C2248624EF3.jpeg.87554d34a2fed2fe52b7aabce8f36cca.jpeg6A449375-4562-453B-B762-4D03CCF71D4D.jpeg.d76a612dcaaa0a7425b961a70bb440b5.jpeg

I graduated from North Texas and was enlisted in the  Air Force. That one would be tough, split allegiance. I am still hoping for Tulsa in Frisco.

• Upvote 2