CUSA Title Game, WKU @ UTSA (12/3/2021)

greenminer

This is a rematch of a UTSA win earlier in the season.  If you haven't noticed, WKU has been on a conference tear since losing to the Roadrunners.  I'm inclined to think WKU wins this one, and if it weren't in San Antonio it wouldn't even be close.

The loss to UTSA seemingly morphed Western Kentucky into an even more potent monster, as the Hilltoppers have won the seven games since by an average score of 45-19.

Expressnews.com

ESPN Gamecast

Friday @ 6PM, CBSSN

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

(Las Vegas has WKU by up to 2 1/2 points despite playing in S.A.)

Hard to believe the 11 win team is the home underdog in the conference championship game.  That’s got to be a little insulting and motivating for that team to come out strong. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

We need to be rooting for the fellow AAC team that we just annihilated. 

At this point, I’m praying that we end up the season as UTSA’s only loss. The “they’ll take it to their f’n grave” game.  Having to know they got physically dominated in the only loss to their rival up North. No fluke - just a thorough beat down. Their first real taste of FBS humble pie as a program, just as they were living large. I love it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

10 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I don't want UTSA's delusional fans to have anymore to brag about over us. Hope WKU annihilates them. WKU has momentum on their side while the Juco does not. 

Their fans will remain delusional even if they lose this game & their Bowl game.    They're learning how to be NCAA FBS fans.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

i know that the win streak is what people are focusing on, but WKU was 11 points away from being 11-1 this year, with their only multiple score loss coming against Mich. St.

I know the weather played a factor for UNT, but UTSA didn't show much fight in general, I wonder if the magic has run out for them.

I think the final of this game will be something like:

WKU 45

UTSA 17

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I get the sentiment, but we are in all out battle now for the top G5 conference. The AAC is no longer the clear front runner. We need to win these football games. 

Remember when our destruction of Baylor edged our conference into the front of the B12?
Gosh, that UNLV bowl win really propelled CUSA in front of the MWC.
Or all that CUSA > B10 talk after we walloped Purdue?

Neither do I.  Screw the Roadrunners.  Go Toppers.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Remember when our destruction of Baylor edged our conference into the front of the B12?
Gosh, that UNLV bowl win really propelled CUSA in front of the MWC.
Or all that CUSA > B10 talk after we walloped Purdue?

Neither do I.  Screw the Roadrunners.  Go Toppers.

We already kicked UTSAs rear ourselves. I don’t care if they are good as long as we are better. I don’t feel the need to root for against them when they are playing a team not coming with us to the AAC. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/1/2021 at 6:37 AM, Mean Green Matt said:

We need to be rooting for the fellow AAC team that we just annihilated. 

No. I want them to lose tomorrow and their bowl so they know they were properly broken. They and we will always remember and we will feel good about it. I was at that game where they knocked us out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2