Mean Green FB Twitter - Bowl Bound

BillySee58

2 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

Oops.  Maybe I can't do the math.

All good. This is the concern being discussed in the bowl eligibility thread as well as the CUSA message board. You have to assume CUSA is going to freeze out either us or ODU from its bowl spots (since those are the two 6-win teams leaving CUSA).  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

All good. This is the concern being discussed in the bowl eligibility thread as well as the CUSA message board. You have to assume CUSA is going to freeze out either us or ODU from its bowl spots (since those are the two 6-win teams leaving CUSA).  

If we've learned anything about C-USA leadership, it's that they don't do a dang thing when it comes to which teams go to which bowls.   If ESPN and the Armed Forces Bowl wants UNT to show up en-masse to Amon Carter so they raise a ton of money and make their bowl crowd look good, that's what's going to happen.   Judy may not like it, but that's how it's gonna be, because she's unable to negotiate against it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Doesn’t ESPN still do the invitations for the 3 DFW area bowl games?  
Would love the Armed Services Bowl in 47,000 seat ACS & not the 95,000 seat Cotton Bowl Stadium.
Frisco Bowl capacity is too small for the UNT constituency who will tend to buy bowl game tickets.  

I wholeheartedly agree Plumm.   
I gotta think this is a huge challenge for Wren Baker.   
I would be willing to wager quite a bit that he is negotiating with ESPN and Armed Forces behind the scenes and promising them that NT will bring at least 30K to their bowl game.   In that same vein, he's likely trying to secure Frisco as the fallback by promising a sellout (which NT can most-definitely deliver, even without a single ticket sold by our opposition.)

If it's announced that NT is going to the Armed Forces Bowl, look for a very aggressive ticket campaign from Wren & Co., because our fans' reputation, and his word, will be on the line.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Judy may not like it, but that's how it's gonna be, because she's unable to negotiate against it.

She's unable to negotiate, period.  If it were left to her, we would be in the BFE Bowl and it would be carried on one of those obscure channels you can now pick up with an antennae, like Dabl or Creative.  

why am i fail dead tv GIF

Edited by UNTLifer