Rattler is available

MeanGreen_MBA

7 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Would he entertain coming to UNT. We adjust the ye offense back to tee it Up. With his arm, running ability, and our running game. The Mean Green Offense could be unstoppable. 

Malachi Nelson is a 5-star QB, class of 2023, he just decommitted from OU after the Lincoln debacle.... maybe we can get him too?!

But to answer your question: No, no he wouldn't.

Edited by I Always Mean Green
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, I Always Mean Green said:

Malachi Nelson is a 5-star QB, class of 2023, he just decommitted from OU after the Lincoln debacle.... maybe we can get him to?!

But to answer your question: No, no he wouldn't.

Why not. I think the Heisman shine is gone. He could put up crazy numbers here and maybe bring back some notice.  Plus, have some fun winning in CUSA as opposed to the competition he has been playing at. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Why not. I think the Heisman shine is gone. He could put up crazy numbers here and maybe bring back some notice.  Plus, have some fun winning in CUSA as opposed to the competition he has been playing at. 

I honestly can't tell if you are joking or not. As much as I would love to have him come to UNT, there is literally no possible way that happens. He didn't have a great season but can still probably start at a majority of Power 5 schools. He wants to bring that Heisman shine back, potentially win a championship, and be a top QB in the draft.

Sadly, his chances of any of those at UNT are near zero (if not zero).

I do hope this comment comes back and bites me though..... 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Look at Shane Buechele and Garrett Gilbert. They both did rather well in G5 post-Texas. Not to mention Mordecai this season from OU to SMU. It could happen.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/spencer-rattler-enters-transfer-portal-whats-next-as-oklahoma-star-moves-on-after-losing-starting-qb-job/

This article says an option is for him to join the dark side. He's from AZ so many having him going back out West

SMU

The Mustangs just hired Rhett Lashlee, who did great work as Miami's offensive coordinator with Tyler Van Dyke this year and D'Eriq King in 2020. Lashlee is widely regarded as one of the top up-and-coming offensive minds in the industry, and SMU could lose rising senior Tanner Mordecai to the NFL Draft after this season.

Lashlee utilizes an up-tempo attack that, at times, has benefitted from a dual-threat quarterback. Rattler isn't a weapon on the ground like King, but is more than just a willing runner and can sling it all over the field. He's a good fit for a coach and system that can maximize his skill set.