So does Littrell stay now or what?

Jonnyeagle

Normally, this far in  coach’s tenure at school and having to fight and claw to get to a bowl game would be a mandate of win or go home from the AD.

This is not a normal year and the available talent is looking pretty shallow. Much like what Neb realized, the worst move to make is to make a move now with limited options as a replacement whole shelling out the cash for both buying out the old staff and bringing in the new.

If he wins the bowl game then it’s easy and if he loses I’m still 70/30 he’ll be back.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Udomann said:

Yeah. Kinda proving my point my friend. Go play a game. Relax. Your heart will thank you.

Just asking questions, that you would rather be snarky about.  🤷🏽‍♂️ My heart is fine thank you for your concern.  Again I have a hard time understanding anyone that is a member in this forum that doesn’t want better than 0.500.  It is fine to believe that a coach will do better  after a 6 year trend of having the team right around 0.500 and not in contention for a division title by Mid November.  But it isn’t very logical.  Hopefully with all this young talent that has gotten experience this year they do better than expected.  But I think everyone should be a little apprehensive about bringing him back.  

Low expectations usually yield mediocre results.  I thought higher expectations are why we made him the highest paid coach in CUSA for awhile.  I think playing for a division championship in late November in not unreasonably high expectations for this program.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Based on historic results, we're gonna lose the bowl game by 4 TD's…

Agree

however

Based on historic results, he should’ve lost last Saturday by 3 TDs. He didn’t. 

I can’t wait to see what happens in the bowl game. Everyone does what they’ve always done until they don’t.  The question is what comes next….

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

26 minutes ago, laxtonto said:

Normally, this far in  coach’s tenure at school and having to fight and claw to get to a bowl game would be a mandate of win or go home from the AD.

This is not a normal year and the available talent is looking pretty shallow. Much like what Neb realized, the worst move to make is to make a move now with limited options as a replacement whole shelling out the cash for both buying out the old staff and bringing in the new.

If he wins the bowl game then it’s easy and if he loses I’m still 70/30 he’ll be back.

Exactly this, a logical post.  I thing all us fans/alumni can understand bringing him back under the unique circumstances of this year.  But saying he has earned anything but the right to finish the year is going way too far.  If he  didn’t have all these young players with experience coming back and/or they lose the UTSA game the choice would be a lot easier.  You could fire him or you could also force Seth to restructure his contract.  Maybe not reduce the overall money guaranteed to but lengthen the time UNT has to pay over extra years in case he is let go after 2022.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Exactly this, a logical post.  I thing all us fans/alumni can understand bringing him back under the unique circumstances of this year.  But saying he has earned anything but the right to finish the year is going way too far.  If he  didn’t have all these young players with experience coming back and/or they lose the UTSA game the choice would be a lot easier.  You could fire him or you could also force Seth to restructure his contract.  Maybe not reduce the overall money guaranteed to but lengthen the time UNT has to pay over extra years in case he is let go after 2022.

Yes, I can see Seph and his agent jumping all over reducing his contract after winning one of the biggest game in school history  and five straight.   

You would think some of the Littrell critics might relax just a little bit and actually enjoy what the football team has managed to do.  

It is like some actually think ranting on the message board is going to sway the NT administration more than the actual performance of the coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So Seth isn't upgrading his asst. coaches (other than the DC).

He said this summer he would not call plays then his OC will do that only. At about the 4th or 5th game Seth is carrying the play sheet on the sidelines. He doesn't get this whole process of his job if he can't fire his "friends" an find a functional coach to replace them.

So, we keep him?

6 minutes ago, Mo Green said:

So Seth isn't upgrading his asst. coaches (other than the DC).

He said this summer he would not call plays then his OC will do that only. At about the 4th or 5th game Seth is carrying the play sheet on the sidelines. He doesn't get this whole process of his job if he can't fire his "friends" an find a functional coach to replace them.

So, we keep him?

That seems to be the biggest knock on his tenure. His inability to properly replace his assistant coaches, Bennett notwithstanding, as he brought Gush and Passwaters with him. 

• Lovely Take 1