Bowl Projections

SigmaGreen

5 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Hot take: Ikaika is a more effective runner than Torrey in our veer and shoot offense, where nearly every run is a dive.

Chicken Soup GIF
That is a very hot take.   I think there’s definitely a place in the veer for a little bowling ball RB like Torrey.   Ragsdale may become a better RB in time, but I dunno if his heart/will is as big as Torrey’s right now.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Chicken Soup GIF
That is a very hot take.   I think there’s definitely a place in the veer for a little bowling ball RB like Torrey.   Ragsdale may become a better RB in time, but I dunno if his heart/will is as big as Torrey’s right now.

Ragsdale may not have the heart/will of Torrey, but during our win streak Ragsdale has run for 365 yards while Torrey has run for 361. Ragsdale has done it on 58 carries vs Torrey’s 84 carries. In Torrey’s defense he has been dealing with injury in the last 4 games but Ragsdale has just been more effective. He was recruited for this offense while Torrey was recruited for Harrell’s. I’ll be cool with whatever Torrey decides for the Bowl Game but if he plays I hope we motion him out wide for the scouts.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, I Always Mean Green said:

And where can I find this gem of a hoodie?

Here's the link: Dick's Sporting Goods

They are selling out quickly. Yesterday all sizes were available (including XXL and 3XL), now it's S, M, L, XL in limited quantities.

I'll probably start a "Hoodies and Sweatshirts" thread in the football forum after the bowl announcement. A lot of fans can then post what they've seen online and what's available in their local stores.

**Edit** Dick's shows they have larger stock at this link: Dick's Sporting Goods

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Yahoo believes it will be 7-5 Liberty that gets left out not having a conference with tie-ins (believes the 6-6 MAC teams are the other candidates to stay home)

Has us in the Armed Forces Bowl against Army.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/bowl-projections-one-eligible-team-will-get-left-out-of-a-bowl-in-2021/ar-AARlsEq

When will we know for sure?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GBarksdale said:

When will we know for sure?

We have to get through this weekend of Conference Championships before they announce anything officially (probably on Sunday), but I would expect leaks to start coming out either today or tomorrow about us being invited to and accepting a specific bowl since we're not really affected by any of those championship games.

• Upvote 1

The improvement of Ragsdale this year has been off the charts.  I remember personally commenting about him being soft early in the year when he decided to run out of bounds short of a first down instead of lowering his shoulder.  He looks like a different back now.

I hate losing Torrey, as I hated losing Wilson, Dunbar, Cobbs, Galbreath, etc., but, if everyone stays, a running back room of Adaway, Johnson, Ragsdale, Adeyi, Jackson and Farrar is deeeeeeeeep.

• Upvote 5

On 12/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, ADLER said:

Here's the link: Dick's Sporting Goods

They are selling out quickly. Yesterday all sizes were available (including XXL and 3XL), now it's S, M, L, XL in limited quantities.

I'll probably start a "Hoodies and Sweatshirts" thread in the football forum after the bowl announcement. A lot of fans can then post what they've seen online and what's available in their local stores.

**Edit** Dick's shows they have larger stock at this link: Dick's Sporting Goods

Never knew Dick's to carry nice UNT stuff. It's such a bummer. We really need to get better advertising and merchandising. Fanatics has one good polo a year and maybe one good shirt. All the other shirts look they were made by a 3rd grade flag football team.