Bowl Projections

SigmaGreen

15 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Would be interesting if we played Tulsa in Frisco on the 21st... as men's basketball takes on the Golden Hurricane in the Super Pit earlier that same day. Tulsa can save on some travel costs and hotel deals.

That game is being played in OK City not Denton,

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

That’s not what I mean. We should never see Appalachian State on the opponent line and think “well, stinks we got drawn into a game we can’t win”. We should not have to hope for weak bowl opponents so we have a chance to win. I actually hope we end up by chance getting a borderline top 25 team in a bowl game to see how far Littrell has brought this team. That’s going to do us a lot better than playing Kent State, with all due respect to the Golden Flashes. 

Oh, I see.  And I agree, now.     But here we are.
Last year, we had no business being in a bowl game anyway. 
But yeah, when we legitimately earn a bowl berth, there shouldn't be another G5 school outside of Cincy, Houston, LALa, or SDSU that would scare us.

10 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

if Strong is going to be drafted that high no way he or his agent let him play in the Frisco bowl.  It has become the way of the world. However, we seemed to be snake bit by backup abs.

Love torched us as a 1st rounder in 2018.    Who knows?

I still hope it's Tulsa though.   Tulsa is not a bad team!  Their season looks a lot like ours with a late-season surge.   After losing to Houston on 10/1, they only lost 2 more games.  1 to Navy's triple option by 3, and the other to #3 Cincy by 1 possession!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MeanGreenDadx2 said:

I will let interested parties estimate attendance. I am presenting photos as facts not hazy memories.

IMG_20140101_115334151.jpg

IMG_20140101_115340140.jpg

IMG_20140101_114045749_HDR.jpg

That is a pretty nice showing for UNT all in all. If we could get that at all home games, I would be happy. 

if UNT gets into the Frisco Bowl, and we have that much attendance, 90% of the stadium will be wearing green of some shade or another. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Totally agree.
I'd much rather have Tulsa in this bowl.     
Nevada lost 3 games in MWC play... by a total of 6pts.  They are a very good team, like AppSt-last-season good.
This would be just our luck though.   We're plain unlucky at bowl game draws since Littrell has been here.

Tulsa would also give us a better indication of how we size up against our soon to be conference mates.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

It is so important that North Texas fans wear GREEN.  Not white or black or pink but GREEN.  Look at the photos above.  It's easy to tell who the good guys are (green) and who the bad guys are (red).   We have plenty of time to get whatever green North Texas gear needed.  

And remember, any shade of GREEN is GREEN.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, greenjoe said:

It is so important that North Texas fans wear GREEN.  Not white or black or pink but GREEN. We all have plenty of time to get whatever green North Texas gear needed.  

GO MEAN GREEN

Greenjoe is right, we're playing this up for television.

For one day ditch the gray, white, or black North Texas gear.

Nike Men's North Texas Mean Green Green Club Fleece Pullover Hoodie product image

Go buy yourself an early Christmas gift if needed.

• Upvote 6

Yahoo believes it will be 7-5 Liberty that gets left out not having a conference with tie-ins (believes the 6-6 MAC teams are the other candidates to stay home)

Has us in the Armed Forces Bowl against Army.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/bowl-projections-one-eligible-team-will-get-left-out-of-a-bowl-in-2021/ar-AARlsEq

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Yahoo believes it will be 7-5 Liberty that gets left out not having a conference with tie-ins (believes the 6-6 MAC teams are the other candidates to stay home)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/bowl-projections-one-eligible-team-will-get-left-out-of-a-bowl-in-2021/ar-AARlsEq

I thought 6-6 teams were only eligible after all teams with winning records got bowls?

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

From being the 17 ranked team in the country to not even making a bowl game. What a fall that would be for Liberty

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Those of us that have been around long enough certainly understand the frustration of being an independent with a good record and no bowl invitation.  In 1977 we were 9-2 (eventually 10-1 after the Miss St forfeit) and no bowl bid because we beat the crap out of La Tech right before the Independence Bowl.  The bowl wanted no part of us doing that again and we were left out.  Our coach left us right after that.

All that being said, better them than us.

• Upvote 1

I think all is fair at 6-6 and above

There are 42 bowl games with 84 bowl spots available for 130 FBS teams in 2021, not including the College Football Playoff National Championship Game. Teams with a 6-6 or better record are bowl-eligible, but teams that are 5-7 can be given consideration if there aren’t enough bowl-eligible teams after the season ends.

5-7 teams are chosen in order of their current Academic Progress Rate (APR Score). But all 6-6 teams must be given a postseason berth first before any team under .500 can be considered.

FBS teams are allowed to count one win against an FCS team. If that FCS opponent offers at least 90% of the FCS football scholarship limit (which is 63) during a rolling two-year period, that win is prioritized over a win against a team with an FCS win that doesn’t meet the 90% threshold. Teams from the Pioneer League, Ivy League, and Northeastern Conference of FCS by conference rule don’t meet the 90% requirement.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

From being the 17 ranked team in the country to not even making a bowl game. What a fall that would be for Liberty

I bet ESPN & several prospective bowls have already contacted McCaw to see if Malik Willis is going to declare and skip Liberty's prospective bowl game.   Of course, McCaw probably lied to them all.

If Willis plays, Liberty will be wanted by lots of bowls.   Tough to bet on that though when you have to announce your bowl by this Sunday, while Willis will have a few weeks to think about skipping.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I bet ESPN & several prospective bowls have already contacted McCaw to see if Malik Willis is going to declare and skip Liberty's prospective bowl game.   Of course, McCaw probably lied to them all.

If Willis plays, Liberty will be wanted by lots of bowls.   Tough to bet on that though when you have to announce your bowl by this Sunday, while Willis will have a few weeks to think about skipping.

Here's a question - With some of the injuries he has had, and with pro days coming up - Does Torrey skip the game?

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1