Bowl Projections

SigmaGreen

College Football News revised bowl projections:

CFN has now moved us to the Frisco Bowl playing the Utah State Aggies.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/11/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-predictions-week-13-2021

Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl

Tuesday, December 21
ESPN, 7:30 pm
Toyota Stadium, Frisco, TX
Bowl Tie-Ins: Group of Five vs. Group of Five (or Army)
Bowl Projection: North Texas vs Utah State

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MDH said:

I'd love to play Memphis and think that could be a very competitive matchup. I'll take any bowl game at this point, but MAC teams don't get anyone anywhere excited. UTSA would be getting a very winnable top 25 matchup in BYU.

Have you watched BYU play?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, MDH said:

I'd love to play Memphis and think that could be a very competitive matchup. I'll take any bowl game at this point, but MAC teams don't get anyone anywhere excited. UTSA would be getting a very winnable top 25 matchup in BYU.

Memphis would bring  a few fans to Frisco.( LOST TO UTSA) This would be AWESOME!!

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

A few things:

I was planning on going to Oklahoma City for the NT Tulsa basketball game, but If the Frisco bowl is on that date, I’m in Frisco no matter what!!

Wish it wasn’t a Tuesday, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Kent State, somehow, won their division at 7-5. They are solid, but definitely manageable.

We would bring at least 16K to Frisco considering how well we’ve played recently.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, ADLER said:

The Frisco Bowl probably has a financial incentive to sell tickets this year since the game was cancelled last year due to Covid at SMU after the participating teams were announced.

Air travel is still tedious. I would think North Texas would be the natural selection to sell out their facility.

We, as fans, need to start doing everything possible to let the Frisco Bowl people know that we want to play in their game.

https://thefriscobowl.com/

featured-img

Fans can purchase tickets at www.thefriscobowl.com/tickets

Frisco, TX  – In its fifth year at Toyota Stadium, the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl will showcase two teams from the following conferences: American Athletic Conference, Conference USA, Mid-American Conference, Mountain West Conference, or the Sun Belt Conference.  This year’s game is scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 21, at 6:30 p.m. CT.  Ticket prices range from $25 in the Goal Line sections to $99 for the ESPN ZONE VIP Experience.

• ESPN ZONE VIP Experience ($99 per ticket)
    This includes a covered VIP seat for the bowl game in the Hall of Fame Club or South Terrace sections, exclusive access to the National Soccer Hall of Fame Club, the National Soccer Hall of Fame Experience, and a ticket to the ESPN Zone pre-game party with free food and beverage from 4:30–6:30 p.m.
  • Midfield Tickets ($50 per ticket)
  • Sideline Tickets ($40 per tickets)
  • Goal Line Tickets ($25 per ticket)

For group ticket orders above the maximum online limit of eight (8), or any questions, fans can call (469) 365-0027.

image.jpeg.32b407c575bef17b58c0d115db3d7830.jpeg

All this, and Only 23 Miles From Apogee Stadium.
"Let's Rock This Place!"

Tried calling the number and no luck 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

The stadium is so small, it would easily sell out between our local fans, and even a small travelling contingent from the opposition.

The utsa game on another weekend that wasn’t near a holiday and with come good weather would have had about 10k more unt fans. I think it’s an easy sellout. Talking to friends who have showed little interest until recently are pumped to be able to attend a bowl game. It’ll be a great crowd.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

UTSA won't win another game this year with the way the last 3 weeks have gone, barely escaped USM and UAB and got their doors blown off by UNT. Think UTSA is toast

Agreed. I can see WKU beating the brakes off of them in the Championship game and if they do happen to play BYU in the bowl game, BYU would have their way with them. UTSA has zero momentum going forward. 

• Upvote 2