Bowl Projections

SigmaGreen

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

We here in Mean Green Nation are accustomed to seeking alternative ways to find our Eagles play.

ESPN and College Football Final, as far as I know, still wear the crown for media consumption when you're talking about majority CFB viewership.

EDIT: I thought what we got was right on par with what I expected.  What threw me off was the ODU props.  We both share the exact same turnaround, and the Mean Green one-upped them with a T25 win.  But, for whatever reason, ESPN wanted to praise ODU and not us.

I don’t know man. But yeah maybe ODU gets some east coast bias coverage, I can see that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

CUSA administration can lobby all they want.  ESPN holds all the cards.  Besides, since when is anyone concerned about Judy’s lobbying prowess?

MTSU has already accepted their bowl bid to the Bahamas.  Bowl committees make the selection from available conference affiliations with a consult from the network.  Bowl committees looks for schools that can fill their ticket allotments and sell more seats.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Reddit CFB Twitter suggesting it will be Miami-Ohio left out. Them and WVU apparently both have non-qualifying sixth wins which put them at the back of the line but ahead of 6-7 Hawaii. So one of those two would be left out, and obviously would not be WVU. If that is true we should be good. 

I'm guessing that Long Island University isn't a qualifying win? Again guessing they have not been FCS long enough? Both Miami and West Virginia have wins over LIU.

So, for bowl purposes,  they are 5-6? Would they be lumped in with the other 5-7 teams and invited based on academics?

Anyone know how this works?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

I'm guessing that Long Island University isn't a qualifying win? Again guessing they have not been FCS long enough? Both Miami and West Virginia have wins over LIU.

So, for bowl purposes,  they are 5-6? Would they be lumped in with the other 5-7 teams and invited based on academics?

If the NCAA sees it the same way those teams would be placed behind every other 6 win team except for Hawaii and above every 5 win team. WVU would obviously get in above Miami-Ohio. But Miami Ohio could seek a waiver from the NCAA as well. CUSA appears to have direct tie ins for 7 teams. I know some underestimate Judys vindictiveness, but you have to imagine either North Texas or ODU are the odd man out for those. Then it is a matter of whether the team left out picks up one of the other spots. I remain fairly concerned about this. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

According to CBS Sports via Google.  In order for an FBS team to officially become bowl-eligible, it needs at least six wins with a minimum winning percentage of .500. A total of 82 teams are needed to fill all 41 bowl games. Teams can only count one win against an FCS opponent toward the total number of wins needed for bowl eligibility.

I don't think the reddit-webs are correct about Long Island State, they've been in the FCS since 2019.

7 minutes ago, shaft said:

I don't think the reddit-webs are correct about Long Island State, they've been in the FCS since 2019.

Don't FCS teams have to have a minimum number of scholarships for wins against them to count toward FBS eligibility? I honestly don't remember the details of that so I could be wrong. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

If the NCAA sees it the same way those teams would be placed behind every other 6 win team except for Hawaii and above every 5 win team. WVU would obviously get in above Miami-Ohio. But Miami Ohio could seek a waiver from the NCAA as well. CUSA appears to have direct tie ins for 7 teams. I know some underestimate Judys vindictiveness, but you have to imagine either North Texas or ODU are the odd man out for those. Then it is a matter of whether the team left out picks up one of the other spots. I remain fairly concerned about this. 

Does CUSA actually have the authority to keep us out of a bowl? From what I understand, our bowl tie-ins are free to select any bowl eligible CUSA team they want. So if Frisco or Armed Forces wants us more than anyone else and ESPN approves, what can CUSA do about it? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Does CUSA actually have the authority to keep us out of a bowl? From what I understand, our bowl tie-ins are free to select any bowl eligible CUSA team they want. So if Frisco or Armed Forces wants us more than anyone else and ESPN approves, what can CUSA do about it? 

I think we learned from the Independence Bowl fiasco in 2018, that Judy cannot negotiate her conference’s best bowl game set ups if her life depended on it.   She’ll just say “ok” to whatever the bowl committees & ESPN tells her is happening.

• Upvote 2