Bowl Projections

SigmaGreen

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

Some initial reading says the Armed Forces tie-ins are SEC/PAC12, with AAC as a backup.  If true, in what scenario does UNT get an invite?

ESPN's scenario, if that's what they want.

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

I don't care what Bowl game We get as long as it's against an opponent we match up with and have a chance at beating. Houston would not be a good one for us. 

...like UNLV in 2013

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pretty sure we punched our way in by beating a ranked opponent…. MTSU, Ball St, Wyoming & Hawaii (6-7, so overall losing record, but they just-about always play in the Hawaii Bowl if barely eligible, right?) should be concerned though.

Hawaii is not bowl eligible at 6-7 if there are enough teams at 6-6 or better. What I don’t know is if Hawaii is one of the 83 teams in Brett’s tweet. 

My only concern would be our current bad blood with CUSA, but ODU is in the same boat with that. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Hawaii is not bowl eligible at 6-7 if there are enough teams at 6-6 or better. What I don’t know is if Hawaii is one of the 83 teams in Brett’s tweet. 

My only concern would be our current bad blood with CUSA, but ODU is in the same boat with that. 

We just announced a move to a conference that partners with ESPN… you know, the same conference that controls all these piddly bowls we’d be playing in!   You know who stuck with Judy & ruined the MAC expansion efforts ESPN no-doubt had a hand in putting together? MTSU.

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The team was already wearing bowl bound 2021 shirts after the game. So I’m assuming they know they are going if the players are wearing them out and about today. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We just announced a move to a conference that partners with ESPN… you know, the same conference that controls all these piddly bowls we’d be playing in!   You know who stuck with Judy & ruined the MAC expansion efforts ESPN no-doubt had a hand in putting together? MTSU.

So, Hawaii is not one of the 83. The other 6 win G5 teams are Tulsa, Memphis, ODU, MTSU, Miami Ohio, Ball State and Wyoming. Cal and USC appear to be the only teams that can still get there. Both are 4-6 and are playing right now. They play each other next week so at most 1 of them can get there. 

• Confused 1

Cal and USC are both still alive for becoming Bowl eligible should they win out.  The both would need to win out, and they play each other next week, so one for sure won't make it.  And if either lose tonight they are eliminated too.

EDIT: Matt beat me to it.

Edited by CMJ