Seth Littrell

Cooke County Kid

11 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Don’t you jokers have another board to go whine about Littrell and myself on? Let us enjoy this win and you go enjoy your melancholy echo chamber. 

Seth Litrell thread would probably have points from both sides, especially in such a wild year. You were expecting sunshine and puppy dogs blown up your butthole in this thread with this kind of season? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Wookies said:

I can’t believe so many people here are happy with a 6-6 season. Great win, but it’s too little, too late for me. It’s not like we’re in the SEC, we’re in CUSA and quite often this year we weren’t just beat, we were outclassed by other CUSA teams. It’s time to raise our expectations and demand more from the football program.

I get what you are saying. But it is also about direction. I was on the time to move on train too until today , because I did not see him doing anything that moved the needle, or able to potentially win conference because he had never beaten a good team in a big game, usually lost by 20+ with lots of garbage points. Today he did.  It is a winning streak of 5 with maybe 1.5 meaningful wins. But it is still a streak and still has a meaningful win. Right now the arrow points in the right direction. Still doesn't mean I have confidence he will solve the QB issue, but maybe turning one of the spares available into a competent game manager will suffice after all. I am not sure, but as long as they don't extend or raise him, I feel it is worth to throw a look at that next season rather than move on and build back from closer to the ground. But his leash should obviously still be short as it will be year 7 the last 3 years simply were nowhere close good enough to be happy.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Seth Litrell thread would probably have points from both sides, especially in such a wild year. You were expecting sunshine and puppy dogs blown up your butthole in this thread with this kind of season? 

I don’t want jack blown up my anything but it would be nice for y’all to give it a rest for a few hours so everyone can enjoy the win.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

If we played UAB or SMU today, we win.

You don't know that. Today in the pouring rain... we beat a team that plays the majority of their games in a dome. Plus, we got to practice playing in the rain last week in our FIU game. Our win today is apple to oranges when compared with playing either UAB or SMU. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad we won. But, it isn't honest to compare those opponents.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We played them already. We have our result. If bolts and nuts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas, right? 

Say that Merry Christmas again when the next coach misses bowl eligibility every year after year one while you are wishing for the “good ol days”. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

So, we’re just gonna ignore the fact that he just curb stomped the nation’s #22 team when the top 4 receivers that HE recruited, the #1 running back that HE recruited, and several DB’s that HE recruited are injured and didn’t play?   Awful convenient omission from your argument.

If Wren lets him go, I’d understand.  If he sees a bowl eligible team that had every reason to lay down at 1-6 and gives him another year, I’d understand.  

It was better than that—UTSA was ranked 15th by the AP, not some BS Playoff poll meant only for power teams

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

So, we’re just gonna ignore the fact that he just curb stomped the nation’s #22 team when the top 4 receivers that HE recruited, the #1 running back that HE recruited, and several DB’s that HE recruited are injured and didn’t play?   Awful convenient omission from your argument.

If Wren lets him go, I’d understand.  If he sees a bowl eligible team that had every reason to lay down at 1-6 and gives him another year, I’d understand.  

All teams go through injury woes. All of them. Save me the bullshit. 

As I've said,, I have to see a well prepared and hungry team in the bowl. I would then be care free on whatever decision is made. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Congratulations to the team for curbstomping NutsaCK. As for the rest, barring a curbstomping of our own in the bowl game, Seth is back next year. We all should expect to be further along in year 6, but at this point, Seth is staying, so let's all get behind the team and hope for the best. 

• Upvote 7