Seth Littrell

Cooke County Kid

Congratulations for the turn-around. I did not think this was possible after the 1-6 start. I would still like to see us make a change, but I don't think Wren wanted to make a change and now this give him a pass on making the call. End of the day, I might complain, but will still support whoever has the job come next season. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Pulling of a miracle (it's what I called it last week, props to the Nostradamus fans who predicted it, or even thought it possible) was great..... The question I think the decision maker needs an answer to is why did the team start 1-5?  What reason is there to believe it won't happen again?

Props for turning something around that you were driving the wrong way to begin with is like saying congratulations for showing up to work on time to someone who's been late every day for six weeks in a row...... Or the kid who puts out he fire when he was the one who started it in the first place.

An amazing moment, truly awesome and without knowing much history before the early 1990's of UNT Football, it's got to be at the very least a top 5 moment, win, game etc. for sure, very happy for the program, players, and staff..... 

Don't get 🎵 Blinded by the light 🎵..... 6 seasons and 37-37 overall.

Several issues at the start were Ruder not being as advertised, Bloesch not making the grade at OC, and the injuries forcing inexperienced backups into the starting lineup. As the season went along, those young players gained valuable experience, Seth took back the play sheet, and Aune showed that he is a serviceable bus driver. We should have beaten Liberty but we let a bad call spoil it for us. We were in it at the half at SMU and faded down the stretch. This team is going to be a force next season. No question.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 8
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

I can’t believe so many people here are happy with a 6-6 season. Great win, but it’s too little, too late for me. It’s not like we’re in the SEC, we’re in CUSA and quite often this year we weren’t just beat, we were outclassed by other CUSA teams. It’s time to raise our expectations and demand more from the football program.

• Upvote 9
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 9
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Hey, SL deserves some praise here. They were 1-6, facing a situation where he was about to get fired. Instead, he led the team to a 5-0 finish and will get us to a bowl game again. I think he gets deserves complaints here…but this day is one to celebrate a strong achievement.

so we have another Buick but paying a Beamer Lease Amount

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

This isn’t like we’ve middling all year. We struggled out of the gate and rattled off 5 straight wins, including demoralizing the #22 ranked team to close out the season. The team fielded today would’ve won AT LEAST 9 games if it was this experienced to start the season.

I don’t know about that. The weather was a factor early in this game. You can’t just say this team coulda woulda shoulda won X games because of the way this game played out. The season didn’t play out that way and Seth was certainly the reason why this team was staring at double digit losses after 7 games. 
Regardless of the bowl outcome he should be fired. Being the highest paid coach in CUSA, he’s been mediocre at best. 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 2

1 minute ago, Udomann said:

Less about the 6-6 and more about the 1-6. We had no hope of a good season and totally landed the finale beating a ranked team. Enjoy then day and let WB sort the coaching mess out

I did enjoy the game but your comment is exactly what I was talking about. Going 6-6 is not a good season regardless of how you get there.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

I don’t know about that. The weather was a factor early in this game. You can’t just say this team coulda woulda shoulda won X games because of the way this game played out. The season didn’t play out that way and Seth was certainly the reason why this team was staring at double digit losses after 7 games. 
Regardless of the bowl outcome he should be fired. Being the highest paid coach in CUSA, he’s been mediocre at best. 

Did he kick your puppy or something? You play an awful lot of woulda coulda shoulda yourself when you think it is a foregone conclusion that replacing Seth will give you a better result. I choose to believe my eyes and the team on the field today was young and hungry. The future is bright if we don’t f it up because you are impatient.

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Did he kick your puppy or something? You play an awful lot of woulda coulda shoulda yourself when you think it is a foregone conclusion that replacing Seth will give you a better result. I choose to believe my eyes and the team on the field today was young and hungry. The future is bright if we don’t f it up because you are impatient.

Do you believe his mediocre record? Or do your eyeballs blind you from that?

LOL!! Impatient? 5 years of .500 ball and I’m calling for his head 60 games later, is impatient? Ok….

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

4 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Just let the man enjoy the fact he got the team 5 straight wins to get us to a bowl. Team could’ve easily quit and they didn’t. I don’t think he’s a great coach, but I recognize the fact that he deserves praise for this.

he can enjoy it all he wants, but at $2 million a year .500 ball does NOT cut it. If we can get into a bowl and he actually shows up and wins then I will give some credit where credit is due.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Well, before the season we were predicted to win 4 to 5 games,so 6 is a plus. Also we are going to another bowl. In addition we just beat the highest ranked team in our history. Then there is the matter of Seth's contract with 2 years remaining and about a $2 million dollar buyout. It might be hard to fire him. The Tulsa  coach will have about 4 wins if they beat SMU today and he got a 2 year extension today. Hard to figure Wren's next move but we should know December 1st.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, casual fan said:

Littrell's 37-37 record doesn't looks so bad when you compare it to the 28-69 combined record of the prior 2 coaches.

Their teams quit on them.  Just saying.

During previous years we always heard if we had more resources we could do so much more. Sorry, but comparing what we have now to the performances does not cut it. Your logic seems to be that we suck less so we should not be expecting more.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Do you believe his mediocre record? Or do your eyeballs blind you from that?

Mediocre in Covid yes, mediocre with Bodie Reeder, yes. Bowl game in year 1 going 5-8 with a 1-11 team breaking in a true freshman quarterback, no. 9-3 times 2, no. This season, finishing on a 5 game win streak topped with a win over an undefeated #22 team after devastating injuries and an offense with only 4 upperclassman starters? Also no

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, untbowler said:

he can enjoy it all he wants, but at $2 million a year .500 ball does NOT cut it. If we can get into a bowl and he actually shows up and wins then I will give some credit where credit is due.

How about $1m a year? Would you then be happy? The salary argument is so bogus!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think I stated 4-8. Though in year 6, anything exceeding my prediction does not mean a job well done. 

I will say, to Littrell's own fault, he doesn't have the players to compete with the top teams on our schedule. That's on him.  No one else. With that said, all things considered, this might be his best coaching job of his UNT tenure. Again, look at that as you may. He's handicapped with HIS own personnel that HE recruited. He squeezed every inch out of HIS players 6 years into the job. Double edge sword any way you look at it.  

Go prep. Win the bowl game.  

• Upvote 2