North Texas - UTSA Official Game Thread

Professor Lambeau

2 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

Is the turnaround this season anything like Dickey?

Yes. Dickey's 2001 team turned 0-5 into 5-6 (5-1 in conference to win it) and got a bowl invite despite the losing record.

If we beat UTSA, this team would be turning 1-6 into 6-6 and presumably a bowl invite.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I would imagine finding a new QB is going to be a top portal priority 

Aune has "won" the job at least 3 times now.  I definitely don't think he's the best player for the job, I just don't personally see Littrell benching him.  We've gone into 2 straight seasons with a somewhat open competition and if Littrell and Aune are both back I don't think that will be the case again.

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

Yes. Dickey's 2001 team turned 0-5 into 5-6 (5-1 in conference to win it) and got a bowl invite despite the losing record.

If we beat UTSA, this team would be turning 1-6 into 6-6 and presumably a bowl invite.

Has any school gone to more bowls with 5 wins than UNT?

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rcade said:

This is the season that I think of…basically, we beat MUTS and they never turned back