Drake (11/28/21)

MCMLXXX

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Huge win. Drake was an 11-seed last year, returned all 5 starters, preseason pick to win the Missouri Valley Conference, and was 3-0 heading into this tournament. Not a cheap win just because we both lost our first two games.

Don’t forget, Drake also made some noise in the tourney last year. I think you are seeing the growth that I told everyone would occur with this young team.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

24 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Don’t forget, Drake also made some noise in the tourney last year. I think you are seeing the growth that I told everyone would occur with this young team.

Getting the confidence of finishing and closing out a good team is a big mental hurdle. I feel like our 19-20 team didn’t clear that hurdle until conference play. 

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 5

Surprised no one has mentioned what an inspired game, Bell had.

He was the best player on the court, and literally won the game with his stellar late play.

Nice to see Jones continue to excel.

Perry obviously still doesn't seem well.  

Considering the competition, I think this was a very good tournament for the Green. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Drake won yesterday and finished out their regular season at 22-9. They’re one of five wins we have this season against teams currently sitting on 20+ wins. Pretty good stuff.

Not to mention the teams we lost to have 19 wins (Buffalo), 23 wins (Kansas), 20 wins (Miami), and 22 wins (UAB). We have basically reached the point as a program where if you aren’t a legit 20+ win college basketball team, you’re not going to have much of a shot getting over the top against us.

How does Gonzaga’s loss to St. Mary’s figure into all this (if it does at all)? 

• Upvote 1