Celina vs. Aubrey at Apogee

Philip Ferguson

In case you can't get enough of Apogee, the red-hot Celina Bobcats will play the Aubrey Chaparrals next Friday, December 3 at 7:30PM in the UIL quarterfinals round at the stadium. 

Both teams played each earlier in the regular season and Celina dominated the game (as usual).  Celina scored three times in the first and second quarters on the way to a 49-14 win over Aubrey. Aubrey, which was previously undefeated, gave up 413 total yards to Celina (5-1, 1-0 District 4-4A Division II) and had no answer for its ground game, which racked up 260 yards. 

Here's the playoff bracket and Celina is expected to be playing late in December -  https://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/4AD2

Celina travels well so expect to see a lot of orange.  GO BOBCATS!

image.jpeg.62cf6950419e2f1ca50bfe1769acf832.jpeg

Edited by Philip Ferguson
typo
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Marcus Trice and Brandon Jackson’s #9 Lovejoy Leopards play the #5 South Oak Cliff Bears today at 2:30 at the Star.  I think SOC’s running back is committed to UNT.  Do I have that right? Should be a good game.  Wish I was going. 

SOC wins and yes, their starting RB, Farrar, is committed to us. 

Also, Allen got spanked by Southlake. 

20 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Damn, Chad Morris stock is falling like a rock.

I actually thought he might get a little consideration this offseason in the college ranks, but he may be out of a HS job soon at Allen.

And we hired his daughter.  Not getting too much players out of that investment if he gets canned.

Edited by meangreen11
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

And we hired his daughter.  Not getting too much players out of that investment if he gets canned.

We weren't getting many out of Allen anyway.  I don't see him getting fired after this season.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

My hometown Marlin Bulldogs (2A D-I) are in the state semifinal this Thursday against Hawley in Weatherford.

Whoever wins is going to have a tough go against [probably] Shiner, who blew the roof off of Refugio last week.

Here's the reason Shiner is so good:
https://247sports.com/Player/Dalton-Brooks-46109467/

No one at the 2A level can hang with this dude.

12 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

My hometown Marlin Bulldogs (2A D-I) are in the state semifinal this Thursday against Hawley in Weatherford.

Whoever wins is going to have a tough go against [probably] Shiner, who blew the roof off of Refugio last week.

I hear some shady things going on in Marlin as far as player eligibility issues for a multitude of move in starters. Might be completely false, but it's what I'm hearing. 

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Here's the reason Shiner is so good:
https://247sports.com/Player/Dalton-Brooks-46109467/

No one at the 2A level can hang with this dude.

Yes, he's very good. But his brother, also on Shiner, is studly as well. His brother is 285 pounds and they put him at running back and he has very sweet feet considering his size.