KHYI

Mean Green Matt

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

With all due respect to KHYI we have got to find a better signal. Not even 30 miles south of Dallas today I couldn’t get the feed on the actual radio. KNTU does not reach down there either. I will admit to this being a little less relevant in the world of streaming. But we are trying to make the case for being the team For this entire region. We really should have radio coverage to match.  

So you are saying The Range doesn’t have ample range?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Remember  going to Southwest Conference football games when the souvenir football programs (at each school) had a full page of about 25 radio stations in Texas that were broadcasting said SWC school’s football games?

If UNT’s campus radio station 88.1 KNTU FM were a clear channel type station our DFW (& beyond) broadcasting woes would be over.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Remember  going to Southwest Conference football games when the souvenir football programs (at each school) had a full page of about 25 radio stations in Texas that were broadcasting said SWC school’s football games?

If UNT’s campus radio station 88.1 KNTU FM were a clear channel type station our DFW (& beyond) broadcasting woes would be over.  

Well KNTU actually has decent range. I’m in the frisco area and the KNTU signal is clearer than KHYI. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Well KNTU actually has decent range. I’m in the frisco area and the KNTU signal is clearer than KHYI. 

Denton to Frisco is < 20 miles as the crow flies.

Considering Denton sits on top-left of the Golden Triangle area, an extra 10 miles tacked to its range could equate to millions more people.

I sit in north Fort Worth and KNTU is hit or miss.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Denton to Frisco is < 20 miles as the crow flies.

Considering Denton sits on top-left of the Golden Triangle area, an extra 10 miles tacked to its range could equate to millions more people.

I sit in north Fort Worth and KNTU is hit or miss.

I guess my point was more about KHYI than KNTU. 

Never invest in a dead technology. Its just money into the drain with no ROI.

Newspapers are dead. Radio is dying. Its just not good financial sense to make any material investment when better alternative exist.

Not trying to knock anyone's tried and true methods, but time to catch up with the modern reality.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Never invest in a dead technology. Its just money into the drain with no ROI.

Newspapers are dead. Radio is dying. Its just not good financial sense to make any material investment when better alternative exist.

Not trying to knock anyone's tried and true methods, but time to catch up with the modern reality.

This is more about curiosity rather than need, but I do wonder how much it costs to invest in a stronger signal.

I think there will always be a place for being able to communicate on some level, outside the realm of the internet.  Certainly for emergency purposes.

Mean Green RN is an emergency, right? 😉

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

With all due respect to KHYI we have got to find a better signal. Not even 30 miles south of Dallas today I couldn’t get the feed on the actual radio. KNTU does not reach down there either. I will admit to this being a little less relevant in the world of streaming. But we are trying to make the case for being the team For this entire region. We really should have radio coverage to match.  

Trying to stream KHYI right now.   Not working.  Not near a radio.