LA Tech fires Skip Holtz

brooks91

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

This move has been resoundingly criticized by sports media today. This is less about LaTech and more about Skip likely being pissed they are stuck in CUSA.

“This is the right time for me to evaluate a new start in my career," Holtz said. "I've had the privilege of mentoring young people and building football programs for more than 30 years, including the last nine as head coach of Louisiana Tech. The past two seasons have brought additional challenges to our program, and I simply think it is time for someone else to have the chance to lead this special group of young men."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/louisiana-tech-fires-skip-holtz-bulldogs-opt-for-coaching-change-after-nine-years-amid-3-8-season/amp/

If it was truly LaTech thinking they are better than Skip, then there are delusions of grandeur in Ruston.

If it wasn't truly LaTech then they wouldn't be on the hook for his 3M buyout, which is being reported that the money is owed. If he was pushing his resignation over the desk the money wouldn't be owed. It's clearly LaTech and they're letting him save face. 

• Upvote 2