Miami (11/26/21)

CMJ

3 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

This loss is disappointing because we had a 12 point lead and should have hung on. The team clearly was fatigued down the stretch. If we keep only playing a 6-7 man rotation it’s going to catch up to us.

We are clinging so much to 6-7 guys, With Perry sick and not 100% this could be a big red flag indicating what will happen to us when those same guys aren't full strength/numbers.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Real big history of choking. Back to back conference titles and the first NCAA tourney win in school history. Chokers tho. 

Yeah because that is the exact same team with the exact same players. Re-read the comment, clown. Talking about this year's team. Yes, they are young and still figuring it out, but Buffalo and Miami were massive choke jobs after double digit leads.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 2

21 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yeah because that is the exact same team with the exact same players. Re-read the comment, clown. Talking about this year's team. Yes, they are young and still figuring it out, but Buffalo and Miami were massive choke jobs after double digit leads.

Again, blowing a double digit lead at halftime is not a massive choke job.  It sucks, no argument.  There are so many possessions per half in basketball, all it is is one big run away though.

It's not like we blew a 12 point lead at the under 4 media timeout.  

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Again, a blowing double digit lead at halftime is not a massive choke job.  It sucks, no argument.  There are so many possessions per half in basketball, all it is is one big run away though.

Today definitely wasn’t a choke. But we were totally flat in the second half. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Again, a blowing double digit lead at halftime is not a massive choke job.  It sucks, no argument.  There are so many possessions per half in basketball, all it is is one big run away though.

Matter of perspective but fair point. They are young and I'm sure Grant will figure it out like they did last season but just extremely frustrating losing 2 very winnable games the way we have as every game counts towards tournament time.

Doesn't help that a 3-3 Dayton team just upset a KU team we just played. If we shot even 1/3 better against KU, we win. We've already had a few games we could have won if we could have capitalized in key moments.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Doesn't help that a 3-3 Dayton team just upset a KU team we just played. If we shot even 1/3 better against KU, we win. We've already had a few games we could have won if we could have capitalized in key moments.

Kansas actually had a 10 point halftime lead and had a pretty bad second half. 

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Matter of perspective but fair point. They are young and I'm sure Grant will figure it out like they did last season but just extremely frustrating losing 2 very winnable games the way we have as every game counts towards tournament time.

We could have, and likely should have, won both of those games. But I would be a lot more upset with last year‘s team doing it than this year‘s team because I think this year‘s team is really trying to find who they are and just lost steam in both of those contests.  McCasland will have them mentally ready to close those out as the season progresses, mark my words.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

We could have, and likely should have, won both of those games. But I would be a lot more upset with last year‘s team doing it in this year‘s team because I think this year‘s team is really trying to find who they are and just lost steam in both of those contacts. McCasland will have them mentally ready to close those out as the season progresses, Mark my words.

Good post. Disappointed we lost and we need to learn how to finish games but we lost some bi games down the stretch last year but Grant had them  rebound fairly well in the Conference tournament. This is a new group of guys and unfortunately there will be growing pains. In Grant I trust.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I know you're trying to troll, but that's exactly what KU fans are saying because they couldn't make free throws

If anything, the free throw misses were the choking.  There's just too much basketball being played after half time to throw the half time score into the hat.

• Upvote 2

It looks like UNT has stamina issues and a short bench (7 player rotation). Not a good combination. The players will play their way into shape but it is relative because so will all other teams rotating 8 to 10 players.

Also, a lot of missed open shots.  College players should be hitting these shots most of the time.

UNT is facing good competition and that will make them better at the expense of some losses. I am ok with this as long as the players develop and improve from it.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...