Weather For Saturday

UNTLifer

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Currently calling for a 70% chance of rain. Not sure if that is all day or what, but in the event of rain, which team does that benefit, if any?  I say us because it would potentially nullify their passing game. Thoughts?

Seems to me inclement weather probably tends to level the playing field.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Currently calling for a 70% chance of rain. Not sure if that is all day or what, but in the event of rain, which team does that benefit, if any?  I say us because it would potentially nullify their passing game. Thoughts?

This is terrible news.  It will hurt the attendance immensely.

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

10 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

This is terrible news.  It will hurt the attendance immensely.

Yep.  We don't show if a single raindrop falls anywhere in Denton County, but all the UTSA fans who are coming have already bought their tickets and firmed up their plans weeks ago.  This could effectively be a home game for UTSA.

• Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Our D-ends should do that (nullify their passing game)!!!

12 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Yep.  We don't show if a single raindrop falls anywhere in Denton County, but all the UTSA fans who are coming have already bought their tickets and firmed up their plans weeks ago.  This could effectively be a home game for UTSA.

I bought my tickets and firmed up my plans. If I survived the Ohio game, I can survive this.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

They’ll have like 1500-2000 people max. Of course knowing how this board estimates attendance utsa will have 45,000 fans there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I bought my tickets and firmed up my plans. If I survived the Ohio game, I can survive this.

Other than the loss at the end, that game is one of my favorite memories as a student at UNT. My friends and I had a blast in the monsoon, tailgating and cheering at the game. There are certain friends of mine that will bring up that day any time we get the chance to catch up.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

Other than the loss at the end, that game is one of my favorite memories as a student at UNT. My friends and I had a blast in the monsoon, tailgating and cheering at the game. There are certain friends of mine that will bring up that day any time we get the chance to catch up.

Same. There was a women’s soccer game earlier in that day that was the same sort of atmosphere. It was like 10 straight hours of being in pouring rain. So much fun. 

Well the weather yesterday f’ing SUCKED!! But I’ve never been so happy, yet so wet. I was soaked for hours, but in the end it was well worth getting a cold.

UTSA fans, for the most part, weren’t bad except several “SOSA” band members and some young people. 

Dome team couldn’t handle water!!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well the weather yesterday f’ing SUCKED!! But I’ve never been so happy, yet so wet. I was soaked for hours, but in the end it was well worth getting a cold.

UTSA fans, for the most part, weren’t bad except several “SOSA” band members and some young people. 

Dome team couldn’t handle water!!!

It sure did. You are probably too young to have been at the Ohio game at Fouts but it was very similar except for switching the cold out for humidity.

• Upvote 1