How we beat UTSA

WanderingEagle

6 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

See I would say shutdown the UTSA run game, but then I realized that we are outmatched in the secondary against the big UTSA WRs.

Yeah this is the problem… we shut down the run game and their receivers blow past our secondary. UTSA is balanced on offense, that’s why their good and hard to stop. Zero problem moving the ball down the field and making plays when they need to. Our secondary would need to be locked down on them, which I feel like we’ve really only seen recently against bad teams who can’t field an offense. If we blow one or two defensive plays in the secondary, we put ourselves in a deep hole to dig ourselves out of. I’d wager our offense is what really needs to step up, especially against a potent defense like UTSA’s.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

15 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

See I would say shutdown the UTSA run game, but then I realized that we are outmatched in the secondary against the big UTSA WRs.

UAB held them to 52 rushing yards…which includes Harris scrambling.  They let him get loose a couple times in critical moments, otherwise they would’ve completely dominated their run game and won.  I think we will have the same plan and hope we can contain the QB better…similar to what we did against Liberty and Willis.  

UTSA’s defense is average.  Their offense is outstanding.  We need to control the clock and play disciplined football.  

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

UAB held them to 52 rushing yards…which includes Harris scrambling.  They let him get loose a couple times in critical moments, otherwise they would’ve completely dominated their run game and won.  I think we will have the same plan and hope we can contain the QB better…similar to what we did against Liberty and Willis.  

UTSA’s defense is average.  Their offense is outstanding.  We need to control the clock and play disciplined football.  

scooby doo laughing GIF

All kidding aside, I would love to see the team play disciplined football. It has gotten better in recent weeks.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1