I know we all hate UTSA. But we need to remember to have some class.

WanderingEagle

Not my favorite school but I have to give them credit and respect for what they have done this year.  We have only dreamed of season like theirs.   I hope we beat them but I hope they get a good bowl game and win.   We need to figure out what they have done and do it.  I am tried of being in middle of the pack.  I don't think our current coach is the guy to lead us out of the middle of the pack.

• Upvote 9
  • Puking Eagle 3

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Not my favorite school but I have to give them credit and respect for what they have done this year.  We have only dreamed of season like theirs.   I hope we beat them but I hope they get a good bowl game and win.   We need to figure out what they have done and do it.  I am tried of being in middle of the pack.  I don't think our current coach is the guy to lead us out of the middle of the pack.

....not to mention their coaching hire.

• Upvote 3

Hate?  Nah...more like indifferent.  

Hats off to them to get to 11-0 as that's not easy at all no matter who you are or who you play.  They have, however, benefited from a very favorable schedule this year, but the players don't get to choose the schedule.  They have to line up every week and beat their opponent.  They've done that this year.

I think the ranking services have definitely taken this into consideration and is why an 11-0 team is 15th in the AP poll, 20th in the coaches poll, and 22nd in the CFP poll with 4, 3-loss teams and 8, 2-loss teams ranked ahead of them.  They are unchanged in the CFP and AP polls from last week, but dropped 2 spots in the coaches poll.  Probably because it took a last second tipped pass to get past a 3-loss UAB team at home.  

They have made a name for themselves this year.  Good for them and the conference.

Now it's our turn.  GMG!

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, keith said:

Hate?  Nah...more like indifferent.  

Hats off to them to get to 11-0 as that's not easy at all no matter who you are or who you play.  They have, however, benefited from a very favorable schedule this year, but the players don't get to choose the schedule.  They have to line up every week and beat their opponent.  They've done that this year.

I think the ranking services have definitely taken this into consideration and is why an 11-0 team is 15th in the AP poll, 20th in the coaches poll, and 22nd in the CFP poll with 4, 3-loss teams and 8, 2-loss teams ranked ahead of them.  They are unchanged in the CFP and AP polls from last week, but dropped 2 spots in the coaches poll.  Probably because it took a last second tipped pass to get past a 3-loss UAB team at home.  

They have made a name for themselves this year.  Good for them and the conference.

Now it's our turn.  GMG!

This is pretty much my take on it as well.  I don't view them as a rival.  They pick at us because they want us to be their rival to legitimize their fanbase more (note, I didnt say program...they've performed well and I give them much respect).  Their fanbase's football knowledge is pretty lacking and they tend to be pretty tacky about things.  On top of that, they do things pretty cheap and it's funny.  I have UTSA friends and I know they're good people.  Their fans are the only reason for much to-do when we play them though.  I hope we don't fall into their baiting trap of treating nasty with nasty.  I wanna kick their ass sure, but don't give them the satisfaction of treating them as a rival.  Keep our sights set higher. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

19 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

This is pretty much my take on it as well.  I don't view them as a rival.  They pick at us because they want us to be their rival to legitimize their fanbase more (note, I didnt say program...they've performed well and I give them much respect).  Their fanbase's football knowledge is pretty lacking and they tend to be pretty tacky about things.  On top of that, they do things pretty cheap and it's funny.  I have UTSA friends and I know they're good people.  Their fans are the only reason for much to-do when we play them though.  I hope we don't fall into their baiting trap of treating nasty with nasty.  I wanna kick their ass sure, but don't give them the satisfaction of treating them as a rival.  Keep our sights set higher. 

You have UTSA friends? Are you volunteering down at the State School? You are a good person. Good bless ya. 

• Haha 3

A win over the #15 team in the nation, whoever it is, is a big deal.  Good for UTSA.  Better for North Texas if we can beat them.  

Do your part.  Come to Apogee Saturday and cheer the Mean Green.  4 hours on a 4 day weekend.  The turkey and dressing will still be there when you get back. 

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, greenjoe said:

The turkey and dressing will still be there when you get back.

That, sir, is a very bold presupposition.

Im already stealing bits of the premade menu items my wife has made. By Saturday the only carcass I intend to feast on is some very gamey roadrunner. Which I intend to chase with a victory celebration 2 piece KFC combo with mashed potatoes. 

And apple pie. Cause 'murica

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1