Best/worst case

Cr1028

6 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

No, not cheering for a loss but won't be upset if it happens

If we lose, an entire fan base full of egotistical assholes who have been dogging on us all week get to celebrate and mock us further. If we lose, we don't get to go to a bowl game. If we lose, UTSA will have a winning record over us, a perfect season (we have zero), and - assuming the score is true to prediction - a blowout victory over us for the second year in a row. You should absolutely be upset if we lose Saturday.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, WanderingEagle said:

If we lose, an entire fan base full of egotistical assholes who have been dogging on us all week get to celebrate and mock us further. If we lose, we don't get to go to a bowl game. If we lose, UTSA will have a winning record over us, a perfect season (we have zero), and - assuming the score is true to prediction - a blowout victory over us for the second year in a row. You should absolutely be upset if we lose Saturday.

No. I'll relish being right that Littrell was not the guy to lead us forward. I'll relish the fact we can finally get rid of an overpaid sub .500 coach that can't beat winning teams or win a bowl game. I'll relish the fact that some of you Littrell apologists have to face reality. I'll relish the fact that a new coach, brought in by an AD that already proved to have an eye for talent and knocked it out of the park for our basketball team can now use that eye for talent to being in a new head coach. Sure, UTSA will have the edge now. In time and with the right hire, we will kick their asses over and over again. Littrell has already proven that he can't do that. Sorry I'm not happy with a 6-6 record after 6 douchebaging years. Sorry I'm not happy we haven't won a douchebaging bowl game with our current coach. Maybe we have differing views of what success is.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

No. I'll relish being right that Littrell was not the guy to lead us forward. I'll relish the fact we can finally get rid of an overpaid sub .500 coach that can't beat winning teams or win a bowl game. I'll relish the fact that some of you Littrell apologists have to face reality. I'll relish the fact that a new coach, brought in by an AD that already proved to have an eye for talent and knocked it out of the park for our basketball team can now use that eye for talent to being in a new head coach. Sure, UTSA will have the edge now. In time and with the right hire, we will kick their asses over and over again. Littrell has already proven that he can't do that. Sorry I'm not happy with a 6-6 record after 6 douchebaging years. Sorry I'm not happy we haven't won a douchebaging bowl game with our current coach. Maybe we have differing views of what success is.

Thanks for using a single post to let me know to never talk UNT ball with you in person. What an absolutely pathetic and selfish mindset.

My view of success is cheering for a North Texas victory every Saturday they take the field.

Never cheer for the good guys to lose. GMG

Edited by WanderingEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

Thanks for using a single post to let me know to never talk UNT ball with you in person. What an absolutely pathetic and selfish mindset.

My view of success is cheering for a North Texas victory every Saturday they take the field.

Never cheer for the good guys to lose. GMG

Wasn't planning on talking to you in person anyway. I don't surround myself with delusional people satisfied with the lowest bar of success. #Hit6 eh buddy?

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

14 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

Back in my day (insert pic of old man with cane) the Bowl Games were special.  Now there's 41 this year.  That means 63% of the teams get to go.  6-6 and the Frisco Bowl shouldn't be a stretch goal.

EDIT:  I did some research.  My first year at NTSU (1988), there were 17 NCAA bowl games

My first year [1961] I remember Cotton, Rose, Sugar,  Orange , Sun, and I think Tangerine. Maybe a few more, but there were also fewer football teams.