Best/worst case

Cr1028

55 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

https://dentonrc.com/sports/best-case-worst-case-scenarios-for-north-texas-football-in-2021/article_5c8aedca-292f-5bf7-a245-03bd07902006.html

Nice job @Brett Vito, looks like we are somewhere in between the 2 extremes so nice work on the ol’ predict-o-matic.

Yes, somewhere in the middle. However, his conclusatory paragraph will more than likely still hold true...

Allow me to bold...

"UNT ends up back in the market to look for a coach who can pick up the pieces for what suddenly looks like a long rebuild after a third straight losing season."

Therein lies the problem.  

Fairy dust, away!

• Upvote 1

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Great take"

UNT Texas Hooligan was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 15 points.

Saturday is a win/win situation. We win, we bring the juco crashing back down to earth. We lose, Littrell is gone after a 3rd straight losing season. Can't wait for Saturday 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Losing is never a win. 

Tell that to SMU fans after we destroyed them and they fired their coach and got Dykes. It would be a win if we finally get rid of Littrell

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Tell that to SMU fans after we destroyed them and they fired their coach and got Dykes. It would be a win if we finally get rid of Littrell

You must mean when we destroyed June Jones and they got Chad Morris.

They didn’t get Dykes because we blew out Morris, he beat us and got hired away by Arkansas where we blew him out the following year.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

https://dentonrc.com/sports/best-case-worst-case-scenarios-for-north-texas-football-in-2021/article_5c8aedca-292f-5bf7-a245-03bd07902006.html

Nice job @Brett Vito, looks like we are somewhere in between the 2 extremes so nice work on the ol’ predict-o-matic.

He missed the true “worst case” scenario; North Texas wins just enough games and looks just good enough to keep the current experiment alive, and we are mired in 6-6 mediocrity for another year.  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

He missed the true “worst case” scenario; North Texas wins just enough games and looks just good enough to keep the current experiment alive, and we are mired in 6-6 mediocrity for another year.  

Emmitt, I know you want better and I do too but if you really feel that is the true worst case scenario, then you either don’t remember what 1-11 or 6-37 felt like or are minimizing it because you just want change.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Saturday is a win/win situation. We win, we bring the juco crashing back down to earth. We lose, Littrell is gone after a 3rd straight losing season. Can't wait for Saturday 

This is correct. Nothing you said is untrue. But we never ever EVER cheer for the Mean Green to lose.

• Upvote 3

I want to go bowling. I always like playing these teams we don’t usually play even if we get smoked most of the time. This team has brought us to a meaningful game in late November. Wow. Plus it’s UTSA.  The drama stirring. 

GMG

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, casual fan said:

So how many wins will Seth need next year to silence his critics?

All of them

11 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

"we are mired in 6-6 mediocrity for another decade.

• Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Oh please. Ten bowl games in a row? I’ll take it.

(yes I want more but still…)

Back in my day (insert pic of old man with cane) the Bowl Games were special.  Now there's 41 this year.  That means 63% of the teams get to go.  6-6 and the Frisco Bowl shouldn't be a stretch goal.

EDIT:  I did some research.  My first year at NTSU (1988), there were 17 NCAA bowl games

Edited by TripleGrad
  • Upvote 2