Kansas (11/25/21)

CMJ

I swear, if somebody looks back on this game and either…

1) Says we “choked” and should have won, or

2) Watches any future KU game and says they weren’t “as good as we thought”

That person should get a day 30 ban for being dumb.  

Kansas would beat a LOT of ranked teams by 12 points…and likely will this season.   

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

2) Watches and future KU game and says they weren’t “as good as we thought”

That person should get a 30 ban for being dumb.  

Kansas would beat a LOT of ranked teams by 12 points…and likely will this season.   

#2 UCLA lost to #1 Gonzaga by 20 points 

13 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Completely different game and situation than the Buffalo game you are referencing. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

It ended better than most people thought it would most likely. The shooting percentage from 3 can still frustrate fans though. We played really well with everything considered. Buffalo game bothers me a lot whole lot more, but if it turns into another tourney run nobody can can complain.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Completely different game and situation than the Buffalo game you are referencing. 

Agreed. Buffalo still bothers me, and hoping it’s the only one that does. Didn’t expect to beat Kansas and was worried it would be a 20 point lose. 12 is solid. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, denton_days said:

Anyone watch any Miami basketball? I have no idea what to expect. Not too clued into ACC basketball.

Not this year, but Larranaga has had some good years there.  Though I think he peaked in Miami around 4-5 seasons ago.

• Upvote 1

I think the spotlight got a little bright for the Green.   They just could not hit anything other than Perry, wide open threes or layups.

It is always a loser's ploy to complain about the referees, but they IMO didn't come close to calling it the same for both teams. 

Over all despite a loss, this game should put CUSA on notice; NT is the team to beat.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Cooley said:

Tylor Perry was clearly a good pickup. The rest of this 7 man class, not so much. 

Way too early to judge players that have barely touched the floor in gametime. 

McCasland obviously has a propensity to value experience over potential. 

Wright is somewhat of a mystery at this point, he started at a major program; but didn't have big numbers there and isn't starting here.  Browne based in the early games looks very disappointing.  

I like the potential of Zephyr and Scott.  

NT lost what many consider their best three players/starters from last year.  They look significantly better than what I expected this early. 

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Wright is somewhat of a mystery at this point, he started at a major program; but didn't have big numbers there and isn't starting here.  Browne based in the early games looks very disappointing.  

NT lost what many consider their best three players/starters from last year.  They look significantly better than what I expected this early. 

I agree with this provided you differentiate between potential and current quality/usefulness to the team as two different things (i.e. somebody with more potential can also be worse in the here and now than the player who's ceiling potential may be lower).

Particularly on defense, where it is so crucial to know what your team mate does without actually always being able to see him, experience can really matter. If you are player A, and you know player B well, wherefore you always know where he is and can adapt, results may be better than with player C who may be faster and more talented, but of whom you do not always know where he is.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Wright is really confounding to me. I thought that was a very shrewd pick up, based on his numbers at Washington. He was far from a star, and Washington has been down as a program...but 6pts, 4rbds a game in the Pac12...led UW in boards three times and scoring once, dropping 18 against Arizona...should translate into something that looks more competent and confident out there. I'm hoping it's just a case of him settling in, because if he can give 6/4 a night or so I feel better about our depth. 

• Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Wright is really confounding to me. I thought that was a very shrewd pick up, based on his numbers at Washington. He was far from a star, and Washington has been down as a program...but 6pts, 4rbds a game in the Pac12...led UW in boards three times and scoring once, dropping 18 against Arizona...should translate into something that looks more competent and confident out there. I'm hoping it's just a case of him settling in, because if he can give 6/4 a night or so I feel better about our depth. 

I honestly don't even need that much from him.   If he can come in when Ousmane is getting early fouls, eat up minutes, make scoring in the post hard for the opponent, and grab about 5-6 boards, I'm cool.  

• Upvote 1