Kansas (11/25/21)

CMJ

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Nice being on national tv and playing a good game through the first half.

However, those announcers are a beating.  Everything is Kansas, good plays by NT become bad plays by Kansas. 

Minimum if any credit given to the Green. 

I don’t normally care much about this…but ya, these two on the call are absolutely terrible. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

KU 53 ------- NT 39

11:46 to go

Bell just foul out - awesome.

There were some super soft ones in there…frustrating. As soon as I saw that he was pinned and fighting with their big I knew it was gonna be five

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

No bigs and struggling shooters isn’t going to win games. We gotta get these shots to drop. We desperately need another big. 

edit: just got a text from a work buddy saying we look like a tiny JV team playing the big bus. Fantastic we get to look weak on National tv. 

Recruiting killed us this off season and took the wind out of our sails. Worst recruiting group in a long time. 

Sometimes one just has to throw everything at the wall, and see what sticks.

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Chris Morgan was talked about by a lot of fans early on. Why is he not in when many our our other post players are in foul trouble? Jamiah Simmons got in over him two games now. Is he redshirted? Hurt?

He is redshirting this season. That has been mentioned since the start of the season if you pay attention 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, bstnsportsfan3 said:

He is redshirting this season. That has been mentioned since the start of the season if you pay attention 

Thanks. At this point might as well have done the same with Stone and maybe Scott. We aren’t using them. We should could use Morgan in the post and with Scott’s length I’m hoping he is working to mirror Bells skill set. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Great show by Perry. Sometimes he does a bit much by himself, but hard to blame him, as nobody else seems to want to take responsibility. Great find and recruit by Mac. Exactly the kind of player Benford never understood how to evaluate and utilize. Wish there'd be more spreading around and the others not passing up some of their 3 looks (and then instead taking worse looks later when the clock ticks down). Yes they have not been falling, but i want them with short memories about that and keep trying until they do.

Edited by outoftown

5 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

2-20 from 3 is really rough. 

It is. even worse now. But you gotta try it. Not blaming them for taking that many, its what you gotta do to beat a big favorite. If they'd even gone just 25%, they'd be absolutely in this game. Much of the misses wasn't KU, but simply not hitting avaiable looks

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, outoftown said:

It is. even worse now. But you gotta try it. Not blaming them for taking that many, its what you gotta do to beat a big favorite. If they'd even gone just 25%, they'd be absolutely in this game. Much of the misses wasn't KU, but simply not hitting avaiable looks

Oh yeah. We generated a ton of wide open 3s. 

1 minute ago, outoftown said:

It is. even worse now. But you gotta try it. Not blaming them for taking that many. If they'd even gone just 25%, they'd be absolutely in this game. Much of the misses wasn't KU, but simply not hitting avaiable looks

I agree…I’ll just play homer and also say that you do feel as a shooter like you need to be the tick quicker in release against Kansas than against day UTA. 

We’ve seen a few unlucky rim-outs…but then a few awful air balls. 

Drez is the one I’m hoping for a lot more from. He came with a shooters pedigree…had flashes last year, especially against Perdue. 

As I type this, Zephir and Scott splash one. Thinking if those two or Stone can hit at 30-35% they may need a few more minutes even if there are some other deficiencies in his game (like falling down in the open floor like that)

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, CMJ said:

KU 71 ------- NT 59

Final

Could have been much worse. I was thinking we could have cut it to single digits there at the end before those two blown layups by Zepher. 

Not a horrible showing. I’m guessing Mac is telling his guys keep hustling and pressing on defense and eventually the shots will drop.