Kansas (11/25/21)

CMJ

No bigs and struggling shooters isn’t going to win games. We gotta get these shots to drop. We desperately need another big. 

edit: just got a text from a work buddy saying we look like a tiny JV team playing the big bus. Fantastic we get to look weak on National tv. 

Recruiting killed us this off season and took the wind out of our sails. Worst recruiting group in a long time. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No bigs and struggling shooters isn’t going to win games. We gotta get these shots to drop. We desperately need another big. 

edit: just got a text from a work buddy saying we look like a tiny JV team playing the big bus. Fantastic we get to look weak on National tv. 

Recruiting killed us this off season and took the wind out of our sails. Worst recruiting group in a long time. 

We should probably fire Grant on the strength of your text thread

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 4

Managed to keep it under ten by the half. I feel like the game is close to turning. Being in it despite not hitting the open ones has me thinking that this game can still be won, and that it doesn't even take that much. The looks are there. Just gotta start hitting them. The team is there on defense too.

Edited by outoftown

1 minute ago, StealthEagle84 said:

2-13 from beyond the arc, many of them wide open looks. If we make just a few of those, it’s a different ballgame.  But defense has been superb, as usual. 

Agreed. Lots of fouls which have showed a depth issue in the post, but Mac is a solid defensive coach. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Super weird comment…. I thought you went on a long trip with Ben and NT90. Lee enjoying that bro time away. 

oh I did...but like so many things in life, it just fizzled out.

it's reassuring to know though that you're still here giving us typos and brilliant basketball insight like "if we're not hitting shots it's going to be tough to win" and "my second cousin just FaceTimed me and said we look smaller than Kansas". 

like, honestly...what is it you think your contribution to a basketball conversation really is? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

it's reassuring to know though that you're still here giving us typos and brilliant basketball insight like "if we're not hitting shots it's going to be tough to win" and "my second cousin just FaceTimed me and said we look smaller than Kansas". 

like, honestly...what is it you think your contribution to a basketball conversation really is? 

Sorry you don’t coach high school basketball or have connections and the collegiate level. But ya know… podcasts and good writing

🤣

and to be clear I love Mac as a coach,  but he did not take advantage  of last years run when recruiting. Letting guys like Robison and Wise walk while replacing them with guys who are worse isn’t a good look. Perry is a solid pick up, but when you best recruit is a 5-10JUCO player you probably aren’t looking at a top or even solid class. Ahmed looked good but he has not been close to what he should be… Weak post play. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

He also defended Tony Benford to the death…

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

47 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yeah, that Perry can't play at all.  

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

He also defended Tony Benford to the death…

Yeah he was a nice guy and a good recruiter. Poor on the court coach. Mac is much better than Benford, but I’m not going to knock Benford after hearing stories from other local coaches about his visits. He was a genuine guy to the people of the DFW area. 

• Upvote 1