Sonny Dykes heading to TCU

brooks91

17 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Or its because SMU's fanbase is non-existent and even with a great marketing campaign they haven't been able to convince Dallas to give a damn. The attendance for the Oct. 21st game vs Tulane was embarrassing for a school that thinks they should be in the Big 12...6-0 and top 25 ranking and the fanbase could only muster a 22K announced attendance. 

IMO, this is a reason Dykes is leaving. He knows he'll have Ft. Worth's support as long as he's winning. 

Attendance smack from a school with 40,000 students that can draw flies to their football games is next level smooth brain.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

18 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Or its because SMU's fanbase is non-existent and even with a great marketing campaign they haven't been able to convince Dallas to give a damn. The attendance for the Oct. 21st game vs Tulane was embarrassing for a school that thinks they should be in the Big 12...6-0 and top 25 ranking and the fanbase could only muster a 22K announced attendance. 

IMO, this is a reason Dykes is leaving. He knows he'll have Ft. Worth's support as long as he's winning. 

You're talking smacl about a private Methodist school with 8k students allegedly drawing 22k in attendance....

You do realize that UNT draws even less than 22k most of the time despite having 5 times the enrollment of SMU? I wouldn't advise talking attendance smacl when UNT drew 30k or over, TWICE in the last 30 years. That's including the bowl game in Dallas.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

TCU is FT Worth’s team and has been for 20+ years. The city and the school joined forces to promote TCU football and the community largely embraced it. Denton has never done so and UNT hasn’t forced them to try. 

My buddy and I were talking about this recently. You go to downtown Fort Worth and there’s TCU stuff EVERYWHERE. Every bar, restaurant, you name it.. TCU gear. Gamedays, especially when they’re good, are nuts. Just a sea of purple all over the city. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

My buddy and I were talking about this recently. You go to downtown Fort Worth and there’s TCU stuff EVERYWHERE. Every bar, restaurant, you name it.. TCU gear. Gamedays, especially when they’re good, are nuts. Just a sea of purple all over the city. 

That and the lovely aroma of cowsh*t.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

I love it when fans of other schools show up on here and then get pissed when we get tired of hearing about their school.  Last I checked, these schools have fan boards of their own.  I just don't get it.  I rarely, if ever, go to ponyfans.com, or cougarhigh.com, or nutsacksmack.com.

• Upvote 4

The waiting game sucks for the fans. Have to be careful not to start the Sonny was never that good and he was really just holding us back lines just too soon, just incase he ends up staying. Then it's well we were just a better job and better opportunity. The pressures of the waiting game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The waiting game sucks for the fans. Have to be careful not to start the Sonny was never that good and he was really just holding us back lines just too soon, just incase he ends up staying. Then it's well we were just a better job and better opportunity. The pressures of the waiting game.

Also the inverse waiting game...where we can't get rid of Seth fast enough, and now he just bought himself another year despite us claiming he was never that good and holding us back 😉

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cougar King said:

You're talking smacl about a private Methodist school with 8k students allegedly drawing 22k in attendance....

You do realize that UNT draws even less than 22k most of the time despite having 5 times the enrollment of SMU? I wouldn't advise talking attendance smacl when UNT drew 30k or over, TWICE in the last 30 years. That's including the bowl game in Dallas.

You are on a fan board that isn't associated with the team you follow criticizing people and misspelling words.

• Haha 5

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article256040437.html

These conversations probably become a little less difficult as he can talk to the team and then discuss with certain players if he has any interest in them moving with him

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I love it when fans of other schools show up on here and then get pissed when we get tired of hearing about their school.  Last I checked, these schools have fan boards of their own.  I just don't get it.  I rarely, if ever, go to ponyfans.com, or cougarhigh.com, or nutsacksmack.com.

You’re not alone, nobody else ever goes there either

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Udomann said:

Also the inverse waiting game...where we can't get rid of Seth fast enough, and now he just bought himself another year despite us claiming he was never that good and holding us back 😉

Sonny Dykes 30-16 overall and 18-12 in Conference with SMU

Seth Littrel 36-37  overall  and 25-21 in conference. 

Seth is not holding us back but asserting he was ever more than just above mediocre is drinking the Kool Aid that KSU almost fell for. Unfortunately we snatched that cup out of their hand and drank it.  

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Sonny Dykes 30-16 overall and 18-12 in Conference with SMU

Seth Littrel 36-37  overall  and 25-21 in conference. 

Seth is not holding us back but asserting he was ever more than just above mediocre is drinking the Kool Aid that KSU almost fell for. Unfortunately we snatched that cup out of their hand and drank it.  

You aren’t wrong here but it is also important to note the state of the football program each inherited at the time they inherited it.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cougar King said:

You also don’t see UNT fans saying we’re ready and should be in the Big 12. 

• Upvote 2