Sun Belt - West

Cr1028

59 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I just realized that the west division of the Sun Belt is so bad that 3-8 Texas State is tied for second in the division behind champion Louisiana. They even got a nice L from FCS Incarnate Word earlier this year.

You left out the part where you tell us Texas State fans are giddy because “it could be worse”  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

That’s a good question. My vote was 7-6 and haven’t budged a bit. 

See, that’s what interests me. We exceeded my minimal expectations but I wonder if some were disgusted back then and hopeful now or if pretty much everyone is dug in with their position.

4 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I just realized that the west division of the Sun Belt is so bad that 3-8 Texas State is tied for second in the division behind champion Louisiana. They even got a nice L from FCS Incarnate Word earlier this year.

Everyone talking about Carthel at SFA and Keeler at Sam Houston, if we went the FCS HC route I would rather go with Morris at Incarnate Word over both of them, at this point in time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Everyone talking about Carthel at SFA and Keeler at Sam Houston, if we went the FCS HC route I would rather go with Morris at Incarnate Word over both of them, at this point in time.

Hopefully this first playoff game will change your mind.

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Reason?

He has built a really good team out of a school that has only been playing football since 2009 and only at the FCS level for a few years before he got there, was 1-10 the year before he took over, has taken them to 2 playoff births in 4 seasons, and has brought in multiple quality QBs to lead productive offenses. 

He has built a really quality program and shown the ability to replace his good players and keep his system running efficiently. He just turned 36. He’s a rising star, and he’s going to be an FBS head coach soon whether it’s here or not.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

8 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

You left out the part where you tell us Texas State fans are giddy because “it could be worse”  

Hey, their defense improved by 68 yards per game from last year to this year. Eventhough he has an 8-27 record, I think Jake Spavital has finally righted the ship and look, and he has them second in their division! You don't fire someone that isn't in the bottom of their conference, even if they are the second highest paid coach in said conference. 

49 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Hey, their defense improved by 68 yards per game from last year to this year. Eventhough he has an 8-27 record, I think Jake Spavital has finally righted the ship and look, and he has them second in their division! You don't fire someone that isn't in the bottom of their conference, even if they are the second highest paid coach in said conference. 

Yea you’re being a smartass here but 36-37 is nowhere close to 8-27. Even the “horrifying” last three years we are 13-20 which is still 5-7 games better than Spav.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

He has built a really good team out of a school that has only been playing football since 2009 and only at the FCS level for a few years before he got there, was 1-10 the year before he took over, has taken them to 2 playoff births in 4 seasons, and has brought in multiple quality QBs to lead productive offenses. 

He has built a really quality program and shown the ability to replace his good players and keep his system running efficiently. He just turned 36. He’s a rising star, and he’s going to be an FBS head coach soon whether it’s here or not.

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+