Dan Mullen

Cr1028

I think he would be good. That said, often when coaches get fired at that level, I think they should take a year to recharge the batteries.The recruiting game the way it now works necessitates constant full on effort by the HC, that is not only true at P5 level, it is also true at G5, and it seems Mullens batteries had gotten a bit low.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

He got fired, he won at Mississippi State which is kind of like a G5, I hear he has visited Texas and also that he may have heard of Wren Baker. We should go get him before everyone else, 4 game win streak and SL buyout money be damned.

I'm down for Dan mullen. I thought he was an idiot for leaving miss St, and he would thrive in Denton

• Puking Eagle 3

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

No he got fired because he wasn't winning. There are plenty of ass hole coaches that keep their jobs as long as they win

He won east division of SEC last year, but after a good start in 2021 where they barely lost to Bama things went south. His record did not warrant termination before the end of the season, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, chomp said:

Being an a-hole who wasn’t winning put Mullen in the position to be fired, but the fact that he was getting killed in recruiting made it a lot easier to do it now. I imagine the $12 M he’ll get paid not to coach might help cushion the blow a bit.  

Would you please inform the University of Florida that I would gladly not coach their football team for only $11 M.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, chomp said:

Being an a-hole who wasn’t winning put Mullen in the position to be fired, but the fact that he was getting killed in recruiting made it a lot easier to do it now. I imagine the $12 M he’ll get paid not to coach might help cushion the blow a bit.  

Last 4 years they had 2 recruiting classes top 10 and 2 in the top 15. He wasn’t getting killed recruiting. Admin and alumni think they should be Bama. We can see how well it has worked for Texas with football idiots making the decision. He shouldn’t of been fired.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Last 4 years they had 2 recruiting classes top 10 and 2 in the top 15. He wasn’t getting killed recruiting. Admin and alumni think they should be Bama. We can see how well it has worked for Texas with football idiots making the decision. He shouldn’t of been fired.

A top15 recruiting class in the nation for an SEC school means there are 6-8 in-conference competitors recruiting better than you. At UF, that can't happen. It's harder to fathom when Kirby at uga is a cruitin' machine and that didn't help Mullens case. He also sabotaged the QB position out of loyalty this year and the record passing QB that Florida had last year, he wouldn't have had unless Felipe Frank's didn't break his leg. His eye for talent within the depths of his own roster was not present at UF. He let his DC stay when everyone wanted him gone. After bad losses in post game pressers he would ignorantly flaunt the "win" in yardage. His relationships with current players was shaky. He was not a recruiting closer like an SEC coach has to be. It was never Dan Mullens fault for anything. It was always some other variable causing the distrust, losses, general lack of success. There's more to it than UF thinking UF is something that they are not. 

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

A top15 recruiting class in the nation for an SEC school means there are 6-8 in-conference competitors recruiting better than you. At UF, that can't happen. It's harder to fathom when Kirby at uga is a cruitin' machine and that didn't help Mullens case. He also sabotaged the QB position out of loyalty this year and the record passing QB that Florida had last year, he wouldn't have had unless Felipe Frank's didn't break his leg. His eye for talent within the depths of his own roster was not present at UF. He let his DC stay when everyone wanted him gone. After bad losses in post game pressers he would ignorantly flaunt the "win" in yardage. His relationships with current players was shaky. He was not a recruiting closer like an SEC coach has to be. It was never Dan Mullens fault for anything. It was always some other variable causing the distrust, losses, general lack of success. There's more to it than UF thinking UF is something that they are not. 

Could not have said it better. 

I am beginning to settle in on K C Keeler.  He's done it again; a FCS championship (WAC) and another trip to the championship playoffs which he won last year. In addition he could bring his Offensive Coordinator, Ryan Carty, with him.  He was FCS Offensive Coordinator of the Year this year.  He is also the quarterbacks coach.  Carty and Keeler are both graduates of the University of Delaware.  I would hope that some of the current staff would be retained, particularly the running backs coach, the offensive line coach (make Bloesch run coordinator) and the linebackers coach.  Bennett, of course, has another year on his contract and I would hope that would be honored.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Looking forward to see the record of your next hire. Top 10 recruiting and not firing the DC and bitching proves my point. Texas syndrome!

56E3DE34-670E-40B2-97BE-28A7C5D0AD9B.png